Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
Hello guys

I ordered this game (both waves) and am just waiting for them to come in, i cant wait to play it.

I am very interested in translating this game so that the my family will have an easier time grasping what the cards say. English is not my familys native language.

from what i've seen on videos and pictures there are a few cards that i would like to translate (mainly action cards , blue equipment, skills and some locations & missions ) soldier and weapon cards for the most part only have numbers and a few keywords so theyre fine.

in order to do this i need blank templates so i can start working on translating the text.

does anyone know where i can find card templates? im thinking that i can translate , print and put them on top of the original card with a sleeve.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
You could create templates easily enough by downloading a .jpg of a Warfighter card image (or scan one yourself if you have a scanner) and then using a graphics editor, even something as simple as Microsoft Paint that comes free in Windows, to delete and then replace the text. Then print, sleeve, and enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
wouldnt deleting the text on a paint program also delete the background graphics? (would hate to have a white box with text on all my cards)

i normally use a .pdf editor to simple edit the text on cards, i think that using a graphics program would end up with bad looking results

i found the errata on this site and DVGs footlocker page examples of mostly every type of card on .pdf

except action cards... there were no action cards on the errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lacko Bardosy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I translated the game to Hungarian, but believe me it's mainly to translate the rulebook. If you translate the rulebook and print the keyword section in your own language, you can show your family what the "Size +3" mean. And most text in cards are keywords.

Altering the cards is not so easy if you are not a photoshop expert. I do my own cards (Vietnam variant) and it was a huge work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls