Subject: Gelato rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Microbadge: Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.Microbadge: A dingo ate my baby!Microbadge: Chit Chat EPYC games fanMicrobadge: This badge goes to 16Microbadge: FlagPoll user
When we were in Italy, for 21 days back about two years ago, I had gelato at least once per day on 20 of those days.
In Rome, Napoli, Sorrento, Amalfi, Venezia, Verona, Pisa, Lucca, Firenze, Manarola, Genova, Milano...

My favorites were found in Verona. I had "Romeo" and "Giulietta" flavors. Romeo was dark chocolate, caramel, and crushed roasted peanuts, and Guilietta was vanilla with chocolate sauce, and whole roasted hazelnuts.

Meanwhile, back home, we have a gelateria close by and they make an amazing Pistachio gelato.

What/ where is your favorite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Clayton
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had Gelato here in the states and only a handful of times but my favorites are the same as they are for ice cream: anything with chocolate and peanut butter or pistachio or vanilla with caramel and nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one with cherries:

In Italy, is called "Spagnola".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding to my "To do in Italy" list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Microbadge: Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.Microbadge: A dingo ate my baby!Microbadge: Chit Chat EPYC games fanMicrobadge: This badge goes to 16Microbadge: FlagPoll user
Viki3m wrote:
This one with cherries:

Spanish cherries? I had no idea.

I ordered stracciatella at one place and the owner told me that it was the favorite pick of most of the locals (in Roma, I believe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite eateries within walking distance of my home is The Caspian Grill. The owner has a Caspian accent so it must be authentic Caspian food. Not much on ambience but the food is great and affordable. Anyway they serve gelato. Probably ought to try some next time I go there. Thanks for the post.

Caspian Chicken Kabob and a Caspian Salad for $9.45.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Viki3m wrote:
This one with cherries:

Spanish cherries? I had no idea.

I ordered stracciatella at one place and the owner told me that it was the favorite pick of most of the locals (in Roma, I believe).
I don't know why is called "Spagnola", when in Spain is called "Cubana".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to go to a local pizza place very very often. I suggested to the owner (Tony - really) to carry gelato.

He told me he didn't want to get involved in the auditing and bookkeeping of people's winnings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
One of my favorite eateries within walking distance of my home is The Caspian Grill. The owner has a Caspian accent so it must be authentic Caspian food. Not much on ambience but the food is great and affordable. Anyway they serve gelato. Probably ought to try some next time I go there. Thanks for the post.

Never heard of "Caspian" food, but boy that looks good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

Never heard of "Caspian" food, but boy that looks good...
I checked out their website

http://www.louisvillecaspiangrill.com/

and it says it's a Persian Bistro that also serves gelato, an Italian dessert, and Persian Ice Cream.

EDIT: BTW, that's not a professional food photo. That's an actual unretouched cell phone photo of my plate as it was delivered to my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
You can certainly try.
mbmbmbmbmb
goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sklar
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
I used to go to a local pizza place very very often. I suggested to the owner (Tony - really) to carry gelato.

He told me he didn't want to get involved in the auditing and bookkeeping of people's winnings.
???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
sklar wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

???
Gelato -> The Lotto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a gelateria in town. I usually get the sorbetto: lemon, lime, or strawberry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls