Subject: Revealing the Hide Power Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Can Bud
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mb
If Dracula's Hide Power Card remains hidden on the Trail until it slides off, does he have to reveal it?

Normal locations are not revealed when they slide off the trail. Any Encounter Card on the Hideout containing Hide cannot be matured. When that hideout slides off the trail, does Dracula reveal that he had used Hide, or does he act as if he chooses not to mature those encounters?

My guess is the latter. There is no rule that forces him to reveal it. But i wanted to take your opinion on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Hide does not have to be revealed.
Expert hunters might make note of the encounter not being matured.

It seems a "cheatingerror-prone Dracula" could get away with maturing the encounter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time you reveal HIDE card is if the card to the right is revealed. Reveal HIDE also. other than that nope. IF you try and do the Encounter on HIDE you would have to then Reveal Hide and the Location he was in when he used HIDE and then he couldn't do the Encounter so it would suck if he tried to Mature the encounter it would not be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Bud
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mb
Even though the location does not need to be revealed, the discarded encounter(s) will be revealed (afaik, discards are face up unless instructed otherwise). Most matured effects require the location to be revealed, but I am sure there must some that don't reveal the location. In those cases dracula would have to act like he simply doesn't want to mature them, which would be an obvious tell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
All hail Xipuloxx the Unsound!
mbmbmbmbmb
canisin wrote:
In those cases dracula would have to act like he simply doesn't want to mature them, which would be an obvious tell
Is maturing optional? My reading of the rules on maturation (p10 of the Rules Reference) is that it's obligatory, unless you convert it to a lair:

Quote:
When a hideout slides off the sixth space of the trail, Dracula must
either mature that hideout or convert it to a lair.
Obviously this doesn't apply to Hide, because you're not allowed to mature it and it would be useless as a lair!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
canisin wrote:
In those cases dracula would have to act like he simply doesn't want to mature them, which would be an obvious tell
Is maturing optional? My reading of the rules on maturation (p10 of the Rules Reference) is that it's obligatory, unless you convert it to a lair:

Quote:
When a hideout slides off the sixth space of the trail, Dracula must
either mature that hideout or convert it to a lair.
Obviously this doesn't apply to Hide, because you're not allowed to mature it and it would be useless as a lair!
You can choose to "mature" a hideout without actually maturing any of the encounters there, simply returning the location to the deck and discarding the encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
All hail Xipuloxx the Unsound!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
You can choose to "mature" a hideout without actually maturing any of the encounters there, simply returning the location to the deck and discarding the encounters.
Ah yes. I missed that possibility, but looking at the rules again I see that:

Quote:
he reveals and resolves the matured effect on any number of encounter cards that are in that matured hideout
"Any number" can, of course, include zero! Thanks, Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Knight
msg tools
If I'm not mistaken, I think most of the matured effects of the encounters require that you reveal the matured location. I'll have to check the cards when I get home, but I believe this is the case on most, if not all, of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Bud
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mb
I am sure it is not all of them, I have specifically checked for such an example (saboteur), but I also got the impression that most matured effects reveal the location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls