Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Are the hero models exactly the same as those for descent 2.0? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Milan
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to be in the same pose but are they the same size as well? If they are it seems like a bit of a waste (for the Terrinoth fanboys like me anyway).

I get that it saves FFG some cash to reuse old old models but it would have been great if the heroes were different and if they released hero cards for all the other descent heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They did the same thing with Descent 1 and Runebound's previous editions. Honestly, I think it adds cohesion to an otherwise pretty flimsy fantasy setting. It's cool getting to play the same character in different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Previous editions also had promo characters that came with cards to use in all the Terrinoth-based games. The now out-of-print edition of Dungeonquest even included cards in the box to use the game's 6 characters in Runebound, Descent and Rune Wars.

It also means that we might get a pack of cards and starting tokens at some point that will cover all the new Descent 2.0 characters, since it seems like they'll be using the characters from the old editions in the Runebound 3e boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kinda surprised that they continued to use the same heroes as in Descent 1st Ed, rather than those in Descent 2nd Ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
I'm kinda surprised that they continued to use the same heroes as in Descent 1st Ed, rather than those in Descent 2nd Ed.

They're in 2nd Ed as well. They updated almost all 1st Ed heroes with new art and models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
bleached_lizard wrote:

Possibly we'll see a mix of the two, as soon as expansions start arriving? Dunno. But Descent 1st receives quite a lot of love also from 2nd edition players, considering the Heroes & Monsters Collection series. Since RuneBound roots in the past of FFG, it's nice to see the foundations of the new game rise from the past
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a theory, but the following could happen:

Currently FFG has re-released 32 of 48 Descent first edition heroes for Descent second edition via the hero & monster packs. There is one additional pack comming, which will most likely up the number of heroes to 36 of 48, which leaves 12 heroes unaccounted for.

Perhaps these 12 heroes will be used in upcomming Runebound expansions, and simply include hero sheets to use with Descent 2.0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is also what i would have preferred actually, it would have been a great opportunity to cross-advertise their products again. which is why i was surprised to see heroes already in descent hero & monster packs in the base runebound set. kinda shows you where they're going with this

in any case ill probably just try out different paint jobs with the second models so they dont go to waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.