Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please forgive me if this, or something similar, has already been discussed. I didn't really want to wade through 41 pages of forum posts.

Having recently reacquired this game and played it again a couple of times, we've come up with a house rule for moving with children and pets. For a long time I've thought that all POIs are not created equal and after learning about the existence of the Extreme Danger promo pack and all the different, variable POIs, I decided to modify the rules.

When moving with a pet, it doesn't require any extra AP since they are small and can be carried under an arm, etc.

When moving with a child, it costs one AP to pick up the child and then only one for every space you move as normal. However, if you have to perform any other action (besides opening a door), you must first spend an AP to put the child down in your same square and then preform the action. To resume moving with the child, you then have to spend another AP to pick him/her up again. If playing the advanced game, you'd have to spend an additional AP to put them down once you get them to the Ambulance.

Any thoughts on these rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's thematic. It will make the game easier, but hey it's a co-op anyway. On pets, Have you ever tried to catch a dog or cat that was scared or did not want to go someplace?
wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot you could change to add to the realism of a fire, but I see what you mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scheele
Germany
L√ľneburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually yeah I made some houserules for the pets. You can find them here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1411898/scared-pets (Just 3 Topics below yours )

I made them carriable easier but potentially run away for a bit after you have discovered them.

Just letting them be a free carry seems too powerful to me.

The children I would let them be handled as adults too.
Because
1. People in my group would start to discuss what is a child and what is not ("That is clearly a girl in her 17. or so, it counts a s a child!") and
2. I'd wager you'd have to take as much care for a child as you'd for an adult, so there is no actual distinction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a special rule for the goldfish where, as a free action, the fish gets moved to the lost victim pile but the fireman gets one extinguish action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Lambert
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Car Wars fanMicrobadge: Hot Spot! Flash Point: Fire Rescue fanMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Roller hockey playerMicrobadge: I wear kilts - Real men wear kilts
We always have fun bandaging the goldfish and leading it out, but I like where you're going...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sum1els wrote:
We always have fun bandaging the goldfish and leading it out, but I like where you're going...
I wish I had the goldfish! Been trying to get my hands on those KS promos, but no luck so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls