Subject: Knocked down Monster - 2 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Landphair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
According to the knocked down monster rules:

"While a monster is knocked down, attack rolls hit on 3+ in place of normal accuracy."

My question is about added permanent accuracy bonuses. If you have a permanent bonus of +1 accuracy, would that still provide you the extra +1 meaning that you only need a 2? Or does this mean that only 3+ rolls hit?

Secondary question. Knocked down monsters stand up at the next turn (monster or survivors') Does this mean that if one survivor knocks down the monster that the monster gets up before the next survivor has a chance to hit or is this only when that round's attacks are over.

Thanks y'all! Love this game. My group and I only look forward to our next event!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
Only a 3+ hits. Accuracy and evasion are no longer factored.

The Survivors have one turn. Each survivor gets one Act within that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a trap HL card however will cause the monster to stand back up and attack the agressor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how this would interact with some of the end game effects which can result in hitting on a 2+.
Personally I think I will go with hit on a 3+ unless the survivor is normally capable of hitting on a 2+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
faete wrote:
I wonder how this would interact with some of the end game effects which can result in hitting on a 2+.
Personally I think I will go with hit on a 3+ unless the survivor is normally capable of hitting on a 2+.
I agree and that's the bigger problem...if my accuracy is so high that I normally hit on anything but a 1, should I be penalized by this "benefit"? (We've had a survivor or two with 4+ accuracy in addition to a high accuracy (low accuracy number) weapon like the Halberd or Steel Sword.

I don't believe we've ever had the problem come up (rolling a 2 specifically), but we did discuss it and cringe before we rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Blue, in that specific situation you're penalized by +1 to hit.. BUT, it cancels all reactions for the monster, so he stops being a monster and starts being a drowned sack of baby monsters. (until the trap)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
Only a 3+ hits. Accuracy and evasion are no longer factored.

The Survivors have one turn. Each survivor gets one Act within that turn.
What page does it say that accuracy and evasion are no longer factored? I couldn't find this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
It's not in the book, it's on the card. "attack rolls hit on 3+ in place of normal accuracy."

You no longer factor in the weapon's accuracy and instead hit on a 3+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the book. Page 73.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Page 73 doesn't really add any more info about accuracy that isn't already on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Landphair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Wouldn't normal accuracy just be the accuracy on the weapon's card? Why would permanent or token accuracy bumps be considered normal accuracy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
landbearpig wrote:
Wouldn't normal accuracy just be the accuracy on the weapon's card? Why would permanent or token accuracy bumps be considered normal accuracy?
Exactly what I'm thinking. I would not consider modified accuracy to be normal accuracy. I could consider that modified accuracy. When it says use normal accuracy I would replace the accuracy printed on the weapon with 3+ and use any accuracy/evasion modifiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
Blue, in that specific situation you're penalized by +1 to hit.. BUT, it cancels all reactions for the monster, so he stops being a monster and starts being a drowned sack of baby monsters. (until the trap)
This is very true. And pulling the trap during all of this sucks. As does knocking him down on your last hit after everyone has surged (happens every time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
landbearpig wrote:
I believe that that is the problem. It doesn't say clearly what is replaced (such as replace the weapon's accuracy with 3+).

Based upon the Survivor Attack Steps on p. 74, though, I could easily be swayed to believe that you would be allowed to count Accuracy Modifiers as technically:

Attack Roll Result + Survivor Accuracy Modifier
must meet or exceed
Weapon's Accuracy + Monster Evasion

and

While a monster is knocked down, attack rolls hit on 3+ in place of normal accuracy.

So the two words with Accuracy are Weapon and Survivor Accuracy. Does normal accuracy mean the weapon? Or does it mean the combination of the Weapon and the Survivor Modifiers? Again, rereading I'd actually lean toward the former and say modifiers would count as it doesn't actually tell you to combine the weapon and survivor accuracy anywhere.

Interesting. But could definitely use some clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
Page 73 doesn't really add any more info about accuracy that isn't already on the card.
It sounded like you were saying it wasn't in the book at all.

landbearpig wrote:
Normal accuracy = the accuracy you would normally be attacking at if it weren't knocked down = weapon accuracy + modifiers. These are all ignored.

It's simply 3+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Landphair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Quote:
Normal accuracy = the accuracy you would normally be attacking at if it weren't knocked down = weapon accuracy + modifiers. These are all ignored.

It's simply 3+.
where is this defined that normal accuracy is weapon accuracy + modifiers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
ELicious wrote:
landbearpig wrote:
Exactly what I'm thinking. I would not consider modified accuracy to be normal accuracy. I could consider that modified accuracy. When it says use normal accuracy I would replace the accuracy printed on the weapon with 3+ and use any accuracy/evasion modifiers.
The card says you hit on 3+ in place of normal accuracy, not that your accuracy is 3+ in place of normal accuracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
landbearpig wrote:
Quote:

It's simply 3+.
where is this defined that normal accuracy is weapon accuracy + modifiers?
Normal accuracy is the accuracy that you would normally have. "Normal accuracy" isn't a game term. It's... just English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls