tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be strong and wait for the new edition to come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mercurial cc
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
It would have to be the 3rd edition as your picture.

The so called forth edition is almost a new game as it has a new name Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization and a new cover:

Summary of changes can be found here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Quicho
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
I'm assuming 4th Edition...
FYI- it's not the latest "4th edition." It's the 2nd/3rd "edition" or rusher, reprint from Eagle-Gryphon. They're really pushing to sell these off before the new and fancy edition from CGE comes out.

Edit: Obviousky you already know this since I apparently type really slow on mobile and was beaten to the punch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I got this less than a month ago in the CSI sale. Is the 4th edition worth getting at some point, since I already have the 3rd edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:
So, I got this less than a month ago in the CSI sale. Is the 4th edition worth getting at some point, since I already have the 3rd edition?
3rd edition is still a great and celebrated game I think, that doesn't change. What you might find over many many plays is that some cards will be underpowered, so you might end up playing the one you like more often. The new edition turned down the power on some of the cards, and turned up the power on others based on years of data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrackAttack wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:
3rd edition is still a great and celebrated game I think, that doesn't change. What you might find over many many plays is that some cards will be underpowered, so you might end up playing the one you like more often. The new edition turned down the power on some of the cards, and turned up the power on others based on years of data.
I wish they released an "errata expansion" of sorts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
My hands cramp up every time I see the TtA box. Those tiny little cubes . . . that tiny little player sheet . . . no . . . no, not again! Post-traumatic fiddly stress disorder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls