Subject: Promiscuous male parental involvement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm slightly baffled as to why a promiscuous strategy in this game entails the most male parental involvement when in nature and Evo-psych the opposite should be true.

Is this an error, or is there something here I'm not understanding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
I'm slightly baffled as to why a promiscuous strategy in this game entails the most male parental involvement when in nature and Evo-psych the opposite should be true.

Is this an error, or is there something here I'm not understanding?
the MPI disks represent vocabulary that is locked, not accessible unless you change sexuality, so it's pretty consistent I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with Karim. The more MPI (male parental involvement) disks are locked up on the sexuality card, the less simulated MPI the species has. Species in nature with low MPI (such as chimps) would have many MPI disks sequestered on their sexuality card (were they to be included in the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I get it. It's represented in a kind of backwards way- pair bonded hominids have more fatherly involvement, and consequently more cultural capital. Promiscuous hominids have the least fatherly involvement, and the least cultural capital.

Another question- are the discs on that card permanently locked, or can they be pulled off through hunts/etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Triantafyllidis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Ο ΘΕΟΣ ΤΗΣ ΠΟΛΗΣ
mbmbmbmbmb
If you lost hunters due to a Chaos event you may change sexuality by flipping the card.You adjust the count of discs on the flipped side accordingly returning to/taking from the vocabulary.There is also a daughter's ability that allows you to change without the Chaos Event i believe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
Okay, I get it. It's represented in a kind of backwards way- pair bonded hominids have more fatherly involvement, and consequently more cultural capital. Promiscuous hominids have the least fatherly involvement, and the least cultural capital.

Another question- are the discs on that card permanently locked, or can they be pulled off through hunts/etc?
Permanently locked unless you change sexuality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls