Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Graham
United States
Carmichael
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I was harvesting from a Nebula and lost all my energy. But I had 3 more armed markers left, and a planet in the next sector purchased that resource. So I just kept rolling until I got 6 (free) cargo cubes, and then went to that planet to sell them.

Was that right? Did I do something wrong? Should there be a house rule about harvesting when you don't have energy? I wasn't sure whether post this under the Strategy, Rules or even Variants forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you did something wrong.

If you lose energy, but have none left, you disarm an armed marker for each energy lost. Once you have no energy and no armed markers you are Stranded and can only take minor actions and impulse, so you can't harvest while Stranded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Graham
United States
Carmichael
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was a quick reply! Thanks a lot - I figured I'd missed something. I guess I should give the manual another complete read. I'm really loving this game - it's got personality!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Armed Markers *are* energy. Another way to look at it is every ship can hold 4 more energy than their maximum energy meter says. Armed Markers are just energy in a format that is ready to be sent to outfits for use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Graham
United States
Carmichael
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. I always thought of the Armed Markes as batteries that you charge up and use. But I guess the energy bar at the bottom can be thought of as a bigger battery that charges the smaller ones, so that works with that you're saying.

(I suppose this should have been in the Rules forum, but I don't know how to change it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls