Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rules (which are admittedly pretty poor) say Creepers activate when the card above it is "mined". But what happens when the card above a Creeper is revealed in another manner? TNT takes the top card off of each pile, as does the Hoe. Discarding one Creeper could potentially reveal a second Creeper. We played that Creepers activated in these instances, and all players had to discard a card each time; otherwise you'd be left with a Creeper on top of a pile, and then what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we activated them right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. A Creeper activates at the moment that it is exposed, regardless of what action exposes it.

Next question: Can the Creeper be cleared away sans effect by the use of a hoe once it is exposed? My son considers this a clever loophole to exploit, while I consider it an abuse that goes against the spirit (if not the letter) of the rules. What do other BGGeeks think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think that's possible with the hoe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think that if a Creeper activates immediately upon exposure (an interpretation I agree with) then its effect precludes the use of the hoe: The hoe's ability is to clear cards, not cancel the effects of an exposed Creeper; once the Creeper has been revealed, its "attack" has already begun, and it's too late to use the hoe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a closer look at the rules; TNT and Creepers are not "Resources".

The way we played the "hoe" (no idea if we did it 'right' or not) was to reveal the top of all the resources stacks, then pick one resource and discard the others, including the Creeper and TNT without resolving their effects.

No idea if this is the game designer's intention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls