Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was considering posting a bunch of the game mechanic ideas I've had, and I was wondering if that would be a good idea, to share them with the community and have the community share theirs with everyone else.

Poll
Good Idea?
Yes
No
      19 answers
Poll created by agentkuo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Poon
msg tools
mbmb
I have more ideas that I can ever make into reality. It'd be great it someone else found it interesting, made a game out of it just to see that it got further than my idea list. That being said, I'm sure 99% of my ideas probably wouldn't pan out in the long run so they'd probably just migrate from my idea list to a public idea list. My current favorite one is far different from its initial one. That being said, I love this idea and it could be a great source of inspiration for many. I can't see any cons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Microbadge: DreamerMicrobadge: Invisible Sky Fairies - Gaming invisibly since forever.Microbadge: The winter of VGGMicrobadge: I Love FogMicrobadge: 2017 Winter Wonderland Adventure Design contest participant
We have a list like this over on the VGG side of things. I say go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
Invergowrie (Armidale)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
Microbadge: Northside Gamers GuildMicrobadge: The Crew: The Quest For Planet 9 fanMicrobadge: Board games keep me youngMicrobadge: Apple Cider drinkerMicrobadge: I design board games... poorly.
There is already a list of mechanisms in the Wiki...

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/mechanism

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
There is already a list of mechanisms in the Wiki...

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/mechanism
Not actually what I'm talking about. Please read the OP for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Gray
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: IPA Beer fan - Make it hoppyMicrobadge: Asheville Tourists fanMicrobadge: Pancake fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: You've been Caked
Can you give us an example?
The phrase game mechanics just makes me think of things like "roll and move", "set collection", "worker placement", etc.

Or do you just mean ideas for games, like "Everyone is in a laundromat and the goal is to wash as many piles of clothes as possible by rolling dice and moving around the board to use the available washers and dryers. But you also gotta remember to keep your lights and darks separated!.."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evnzro wrote:
Can you give us an example?
The phrase game mechanics just makes me think of things like "roll and move", "set collection", "worker placement", etc.

Or do you just mean ideas for games, like "Everyone is in a laundromat and the goal is to wash as many piles of clothes as possible by rolling dice and moving around the board to use the available washers and dryers. But you also gotta remember to keep your lights and darks separated!.."
I mean like:
"•A Worker placement game where the board is a grid of tiles, with space in-between the tiles. You place your workers in-between the tiles, and you either get to take the benefits of both adjacent tiles, or like you choose one of the two. Could be square tiles or hex tiles."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Gray
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: IPA Beer fan - Make it hoppyMicrobadge: Asheville Tourists fanMicrobadge: Pancake fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: You've been Caked
I like it. Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the actual thread.

Thumb up