Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Handbook its out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filipe Lazaro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here : http://czechgames.com/files/rules/through-the-ages-new-story...

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackfenix wrote:
Oh come on, I just checked an hour ago! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
blackfenix wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how long until people see this stateside that already own the game?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolczynski
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how long until people see this stateside that already own the game?

Thx
jonpfl

How fast is your printer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Looks great, and I'm extremely happy to see the "What's new in the new story" section!!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
blackfenix wrote:

Fantastic - so happy I got the stickers correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Fantastic - so happy I got the stickers correct!

Haha! I was actually waiting until this came out so that I could see to be sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
blackfenix wrote:

subscribe to CGE FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/CzechGames/posts/927894993914625?no...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hooray! That cleared some things up. Never played TTA before so have been making lots of mistakes 'till now, some sillier than others. laugh But just wanted to write them down anyway in case it might be helpful...

- The first time around, somehow we had understood that each player took turns within each phase, rather than going through each phase individually on a player's turn. Of course, we found exclusive tactics moving to the center more or less immediately very confusing and with only a single refresh of the card row in a two player game happening once every two rounds, the game took a loooong time. whistle

- Somehow never caught that Wonder cards go immediately into play. Makes sense as the action is separated from non-Wonder cards! Another oops. Also didn't do it so that taking additional Wonders cost more civil actions.

- Also somehow never realized that we only need to take one Blue token for each upgraded Farm/Mine. Corruption was certainly a pain!

- When comparing strongest civlization, in the result of a tie we just ignored the card. Now we know it's whoever revealed the event!

! - I'm more confused now on colonization
Just to be clear, I am NOT looking at my current strength rating, right? Colonization Force is separate from overall Strength?

Handbook states:
Quote:
You cannot bid more than the maximum colonization force you can send.

Quote:
Effects that modify your strength rating do not apply to your colonization force.
Then it says the Warfare technology card has no effect on colonization, so I assume that it has no effect on bidding as well, correct?

If I understand it all correctly, then I guess it's just a little confusing/misleading as your military units and tactics have the Strength icon below and count towards colonization, so it's easy to think that other cards that modify your strength rating can be considered when calculating your colonization force. Unless I've understood everything incorrectly (which is a likely case)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Robert
France
Thiverval-Grignon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Colonization, you are only able to sacrifice "units" and is required to do so with ate least one if you bid. You can also add tactical cards taht grants you with a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikehouserock wrote:
Just to be clear, I am NOT looking at my current strength rating, right? Colonization Force is separate from overall Strength?

Your overall strength has no impact on colonization. Just ignore it! There are only two things that count:

1) Colonization force: you have to sacrifice at least one unit, i.e., take it back to the yellow token back and add its strength.
2) Any bonuses from Wonders (e.g., Colossus), Bonus Cards, Leaders (Cook) and Colonization special blue cards.

That's it! Think it like that: you may be strong because you have lots of Arenas, a Great Wall and a magnificent Colossus, but hey, these cannot go abroad and conquer new lands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Charlap
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
Ikehouserock wrote:

Your overall strength has no impact on colonization. Just ignore it! There are only two things that count:

1) Colonization force: you have to sacrifice at least one unit, i.e., take it back to the yellow token back and add its strength.
2) Any bonuses from Wonders (e.g., Colossus), Bonus Cards, Leaders (Cook) and Colonization special blue cards.

That's it! Think it like that: you may be strong because you have lots of Arenas, a Great Wall and a magnificent Colossus, but hey, these cannot go abroad and conquer new lands.

One additional note (unless this changed in the new version): you do get a tactics bonus when colonizing, but only if you sacrifice an entire army. For example, if you have medieval army (cav+inf) as your tactic, you can sacrifice a warrior for 1 colonization strength, a knight for 2 colonization strength, or 1 of each for 5 colonization strength.

Don't forget to adjust your overall military strength after you sacrifice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Perfect, thanks you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Before y'all rush to click the link at work, it's 43 MB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Anyone know if they started shipping it yet?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to receive any kind of notice that something has shipped (I preordered).

Eagle games still has this message on their site:
"We have received the games in Kentucky, but we are still waiting for the Player Guide to be
prepared and shipped to us from CGE. Delivery will begin when those Player Guides are received."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my handbook yesterday. (I live in the Netherlands).

Per
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Indru
Romania
Timisoara
Timis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... do the 2 rulebooks fit properly on top of the insert and boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
β€œThe oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Handbook received today in Belgium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves L
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Handbook received today in Belgium.

What about the actual games? When are they expected in Belgium? Really looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis D
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine also came by mailman today (Belgium)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calle N
msg tools
mbmb
Received mine as well yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk F.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still haven't received mine

I've send them a little mail last week, as I didn't receive a confirmation after the Essen form, but no reply so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
TurtleR6 wrote:
Still haven't received mine

I've send them a little mail last week, as I didn't receive a confirmation after the Essen form, but no reply so far.

I filled out the online form too, and heard nothing back. I assume I'm in the queue... I hope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not get it either yet. Hopefully it will come soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.