BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: How many meeples should I buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Alter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I've really been wanting to get a bunch of meeples from Meeple Source but I'm wondering how many should I get inorder to get maximum board game coverage.

They start off in sets of 8 but should I add any extra? How many sets should I get? I'm thinking 6 sets. Obviously buying more means more games but they aren't exactly cheap so I'd kind of curious what the average amount of meeples is per game and if there are any really awesome games that I'll need 12 meeples a person for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

But seriously, every game needs a different number of meeples..

My pimped copy of Antiquity has 20 meeples per player, but they are 12mm miniature meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well do you want a set of meeples with whatever games?
or a master set you'll pull out with whatever game?
are you hoping to have meeples to upscale any games that don't currently have them (ie blocks)?
are you saving a bunch ordering a larger # vs just what you need now?

I've tried calculating it out for myself and I've decided on just going with what I need and per game because who knows if you want the same for all your games. I played Ground Floor recently and it could work with meeples but its iffy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dedbob wrote:

But seriously, every game needs a different number of meeples..

My pimped copy of Antiquity has 20 meeples per player, but they are 12mm miniature meeples.

I was going to come here with that exact same response.

Honestly, I have bought WAY too many meeples from MeepleSource - mainly through their kickstarters, and I don't even have games that I planned on using them for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
I was going to come here with that exact same response.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.