Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping: Two shipments cheaper than one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the last update:

Quote:
We will generate a shipping paid report daily for the next two weeks and the 2.0 materials will be sent. If don't want your 2.0 stuff early (if you want all your stuff in one shipment) don't pay for shipping. We advise you pay for shipping and receive the stuff early if you are able. Shipping goes up often, especially from one year to the next, and the prices we were able to negotiate with the fulfillment centers are very good. It will only get more expensive. The equivalent UPS shipping from here runs x2 more for domestic and almost x3-x5 for international. It kinda gives you a glimpse on how much money we paid to ship the first Myth KS.
Dumb question, but it seems like MCG is saying two shipments will be less expensive than one? I can wait for everything at once, but if it's cheaper to break it up into two shipments, sure. TIA!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are saying that shipping costs vary greatly based upon time and that a KNOWN cost is possibly going to be better than an UNKNOWN future cost.

We went through a period where international shipping more than tripled to some parts of the world overnight and it bankrupted many KS which already collected shipping.

2.0 materials will probably be heavy and small and it is probably best for everyone to simply 'have it out of the way'. But your mileage may vary.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt 2 shipments will be cheaper, especially if you are shipping within the US. But the other consideration is that MCG doesn't have a good record for delivery on time. You might not get the rest of the order until 2017 based Myth 1 and Recon delivery.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron R
United States
Centrville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see two shipments being cheaper with just the 2.0 materials and the material's they're giving away to KS1 backers being $9 to ship to the US. They may well legitimately think that there's a chance that it will wind up being cheaper to get it two shipments, but I'm sure that they'd rather not have everyone's 2.0 materials sitting in the warehouse for however long it takes to close out KS2.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If they can ship these via "media mail" then more than likely it will be cheaper. They'll still have to make another shipment later, but by breaking out the printed materials, they can get rid of about 600 obligations,as well as lighten the future load.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They *may* be saying this for those who have ordered the base Myth game along with the 2.0 materials.

Jorune
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had assumed it would be sent media.

Wouldn't that be a heck of a lot cheaper, at least within the US?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: JackassMicrobadge: I´m only half evilMicrobadge: We are all winners - we were the fastest spermMicrobadge: Attempting to give a damn.......damn not given.
fireandlight27 wrote:
I can't see two shipments being cheaper with just the 2.0 materials and the material's they're giving away to KS1 backers being $9 to ship to the US. They may well legitimately think that there's a chance that it will wind up being cheaper to get it two shipments, but I'm sure that they'd rather not have everyone's 2.0 materials sitting in the warehouse for however long it takes to close out KS2.
This is the reason they want us to pay for shipping twice. However many thousands of 2.0 packages will likely take a significant amount of space.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b p
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a cock up with the shipping fees calculation for the 2.0 materials.

In short, as i understand it, the shipping company they chose had a pretty weird system in place that used 5 items (no matter what items) from the PM as a "unit" to charge.
Now, considering that the base 2.0 upgrade consists of 5 items according to Mercs (i am guessing it is the Manual (1), character cards (2), monster cards (3), Quest deck (4), item deck (5)), having anything else (like the base game or multiple upgrade card copies) in the early shipping doubled or possibly even tripled the cost, as the shipping company just added those "units" together using the base cost of each and just adding them up.

They are trying to fix it by renegotiating the fact that the 2.0. upgrade is actually 1 item and not 5 separate ones.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fizzletop wrote:
There was a cock up with the shipping fees calculation for the 2.0 materials.

In short, as i understand it, the shipping company they chose had a pretty weird system in place that used 5 items (no matter what items) from the PM as a "unit" to charge.
Now, considering that the base 2.0 upgrade consists of 5 items according to Mercs (i am guessing it is the Manual (1), character cards (2), monster cards (3), Quest deck (4), item deck (5)), having anything else (like the base game or multiple upgrade card copies) in the early shipping doubled or possibly even tripled the cost, as the shipping company just added those "units" together using the base cost of each and just adding them up.

They are trying to fix it by renegotiating the fact that the 2.0. upgrade is actually 1 item and not 5 separate ones.

So I shouldn't have paid right away? shake

I hope I can have the extra money I paid as credit for the next wave.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They said any paid balance will apply to the next wave.

I have seen where a software bug fudges up 'money' stuff and it is never pretty. I think they are handling it by taking it on the chin and covering the cost.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for me I dont want to pay more for more shipping waves than necessary.
Megacon has no right to make shipping more expensive this way. (I am from Europe and shipping is not a triffle here).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
As for me I dont want to pay more for more shipping waves than necessary.
Megacon has no right to make shipping more expensive this way. (I am from Europe and shipping is not a triffle here).
They are not forcing you...

But they are eating the cost for 2.0 materials shipping anyways it seems.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nkelsch wrote:
They said any paid balance will apply to the next wave.

I have seen where a software bug fudges up 'money' stuff and it is never pretty. I think they are handling it by taking it on the chin and covering the cost.
Very good move indeed. I really apreciate it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls