Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: GHS memberMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Firefly: The Game fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!
I thought it might be an idea to imagine what some of the popular Westerns might look like in Firefly. Anything too serious doesn't fit the humorous genre, and it's got to be able to be placed "in Space!" but a lot of these might make for interesting ship decks, as per gwek's postings.

3 bare bone Ideas I have are :

A) Lone Ranger (Latest Movie, et al)

Silver - Modified Interceptor Class Ship

Horse Stall (Ship Upgrade): "Fast Horses" cards discarded by the Crew return to the ship (this upgrade) rather than the discard pile.
- unique to Silver, (You Can't Take the Sky From Me)

Armie Reid (Leader) Moral, Soldier. 2 Fight - "Whistle" : As an Action, take one "Fast Horses" card from any Discard Pile. "Solo Ranger": will not work Immoral Jobs (You Can't Take the Sky From Me)

Johnny Tonto (Crew) Grifter, 2 Negotiate. "Medicine Man" : counts as Medic (Regina) (2013 Movie Version, hence the name)

Danny Reid Jr (Crew) Sidekick - "Counts as first Kid" (Regina)

Dynamite (Gear) - Discard for Explosives (Silverhold)
Six-Shooter (Gear) - Firearm
Pearl Handled Revolver - 1 Fight, Firearm
Silver Bullets - Discard for +1 Fight (or re-roll Fight Attempt?)

B) Maverick (Movie and TV Series)

- Mississippi Queen - Firefly III Class

- Maverick (Leader) 2 Fight, 1 Negotiate , Grifter
- Maverick Sr. (Crew) 1 Fight 2 Negotiate - Grifter
- Border Space Pilot (Crew) 1 Tech, Pilot, "Familiar Waters:" do not count First Border Space Nav card against ship's Range (Space Bazaar)

C) Support Your Local [Sheriff | Gunman]
- no distinct details yet, but they certainly had entertaining stories that we could pull ideas from.

Basically the idea to all of the above is take a movie with a Western setting, preferably a comedy-drama western, and map a few of the characters or situations into the 'Verse to see "what would they look like?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cowboy Bebop ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213338/ ) is probably the closest match you'll find to Firefly. Bounty hunters in space with a good dash of film noir thrown in. The setting's a little problematic in that it takes place in our solar system, which in firefly terms is Earth That Was and is not on the Verse map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had created cards for the Bebop crew last year, but never posted them because I didn't like the look of the cartoons at odds with the pictures on existing cards (I even looked for good cosplay images but gave up when I stumbled onto some disturbing stuff...).

This was more than a year ago, I think right after PBH came out. Maybe I'll freshen them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had an idea a year ago or so to do cards for some of the Western TV stars of the 50s and 60s, a time when literally half of all prime time shows were Westerns. I worked up stats for the Maverick brothers, Josh Randall (from Wanted: Dead or Alive), Paladin (from Have Gun, Will Travel) and Matt Dillon (from Gunsmoke). Now that there are so many resources for art templates I should finish those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
I had created cards for the Bebop crew last year, but never posted them because I didn't like the look of the cartoons at odds with the pictures on existing cards (I even looked for good cosplay images but gave up when I stumbled onto some disturbing stuff...).

This was more than a year ago, I think right after PBH came out. Maybe I'll freshen them up.
Always beware of Rule 34.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Silver Bullets - Discard for +1 Fight (or re-roll Fight Attempt?)
Try this:
+1 Fight
May be equipped with a Firearm without counting against your equipment limit. May be discarded to reroll a fight check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used "Alias Smith & Jones" as a source for my pictures for the Bandits I did a while back (see my gallery).

Might rewatch them as I think the series DOES fit!

When I get back home as I am in Turkey at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: GHS memberMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Firefly: The Game fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!
Lord help us all, but I just flashed on a Firefly Mk IV called Blue Rodeo with Captain Foxworthy, crewman Engvall, and Larry the Cable Guy as Engineer! Who knew beer had Tech skill?

No no no . Delete this image!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls