Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Motion alarm - you cannot enter and leave, but can you leave and enter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"The game is afoot!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The motion alarm says you cannot enter and leave the tile on your turn. Thematically this seems intended to capture the idea that you have to pause - you can't keep moving through the tile. On your next turn though, you can leave the tile without setting it off (unless I'm reading the rules wrong) and go do some other stuff.

What happens if, as your final action, you go back onto the tile? By a strict literal reading of the rules as written you will set off the alarm because you have both entered and left the tile on the same turn. On the other hand the phrase 'enter and leave' may be intended to mean 'in that order' (so leave and enter is allowed) and thematically it would seem very odd that the alarm was somehow triggered because the room 'remembered' you'd been in it a short time before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think of it like this.

You run into the motion sensor room then you freeze and you use all of that time between turns very slowly inching out of the room so the alarm doesn't go off.

So by that logic the tile wouldn't go off when you returned to it on your final action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
you are correct - re-entering isn't cause for alarm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
To pass through the tile, you must be careful. To not set off the alarm, you must take two turns. Leave then enter not setting off the alarm works thematically and mechanically for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.