Popular Tags: [View All]
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Meaning the ones that aren't assigned to a psychic.
The rules say that the ghost should put them back in the box (the others going into the appropriate section of the screen), but wouldn't it be more helpful for the ghost to keep them behind the screen for reference?

As important as it is to ensure that the Vision Cards that the ghost is handing out match the appropriate character/location/object psychic card, it is also important that they don't significantly match one of the incorrect ones. While the ghost can easily check the other psychic cards assigned to the other players, they would have to look on the table to see the additional unassigned psychic cards.

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah -- We just place the unused cards aside.

I figure that's just part of the difficulty in being a ghost. We allow the ghost to look at the cards on the table, but they can't pick/touch any of them.

THOUGH it would make being the ghost significantly easier if you can view the 'reject' cards in detail as the one assigned.

I would play it either way -- depending on the type of challenge the ghost wants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Hayes
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I can't think of a reason why you couldn't do it. The only reason that I would play as per the rules is because it is an extra challenge for the ghost player if they can't see all of the character/locations/items very well. It adds another dimension for the ghost to keep track of.

But if you're finding that the ghost is having too difficult of a time, I don't see why not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mackenzie
Australia
Newcastle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing with the ghost ducked down behind the screen, and not looking at the table or the unassigned cards. It makes the game more challenging, but also more of an interactive game for the ghost player. As the ghost, you can typically pick up what some of the other cards on the table are from the talk among the players, and adapt your clues accordingly.

I'll give a couple of my experiences - as the ghost I was trying to communicate to one of the players that their murder weapon was the scissors. I used a vision that included some metallic colours and tools, pretty happy that I had such a literal clue to give. "Oh, this is clearly the hammer!" said the excited player instantly - cue my sorrowful ghost moan... Another time I had to give a clue for the poison bottle - and I gave the psychic THE perfect vision - grim reaper, snake, apples - she couldn't possibly get it wrong. Token goes straight down onto the syringe weapon - again with the mournful moan from behind the screen.

I would never have given these clues if I'd seen the board, and for me these are among the more memorable moments in Mysterium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost still has to pick the right card(s) for the physics to get it, but having ALL the information in front of you would surely make it much easier than only having partial information.

But then again, maybe it's easier for the physics rather than the ghost as the ghost still has the same task at hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Garcia
Portugal
Tomar
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
I am addicted to Game Design!
badge
Time flies when designing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards laying on the table are accessible information for the ghost. If you prefer to keep track of those extra cards (not attributed to any psychic) you can have them behind the screen too.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.