Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Inner Fire skill allows a hero to use his surge ability, thus enabling using it up to twice ina single combat round. Unfortunately I don't have the card in front of me.

As I read it, I don't have to pay the surge - but in this case, how does that work with the dwarf's ability of "X surges"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Bruder Tod, zu unserem Gastmahl, steig hervor aus Staub und Erden. Alles Leben ist ein Sterben, alles Sterben ist ein Werden.
Microbadge: Golden-hearted hedgehog fanMicrobadge: Classic Portuguese film fanMicrobadge: Italian Futurists fanMicrobadge: Katherine Switzer fanMicrobadge: Bisexual
You must always pay the surge cost of the ability re-triggered by means of Inner Fire; the card simply (where simply is not that simply, it's really a strong card) allows you to trigger the special ability more than just once / round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
You must always pay the surge cost of the ability re-triggered by means of Inner Fire; the card simply (where simply is not that simply, it's really a strong card) allows you to trigger the special ability more than just once / round
Her reading has already been corrected by official source in a later thread, but I'll reiterate it here for forum consistency (a bit OCD I know).

Inner Fire: Once per combat round as a combat action, you may exert to trigger the surge ability on your hero. This allows you to trigger that surge ability more than once per combat round.

1. Exerting triggers the ability. You do not have to spend surge symbols like you usually do. This is Inner Fire's primary effect; you can use Inner Fire to trigger your surge ability even if you have no surge faces casted. The fact that this allows an ability to be used twice is a bonus effect.

2. If you use Inner Fire on Master Thorn's Mind Meld, or Battle Robes' (A11) Channel, this allows you to double/ quadruple the damage.

3. Yes, the card is too cheap and the ability is broken. Good luck drawing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls