7 Posts

One Night Ultimate Vampire» Forums » General

Subject: Flavor behind Squire Role rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gallo
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think that I really get the flavor behind the squire role. The squire is on the werewolf team and knows who the werewolves are and gets to check their cards.

Why is a squire on the werewolf team? Usually squires work for knights, who I would imagine would oppose werewolves.

Also, isn't the squire almost exactly like the minion (except he gets to check the role cards)? It feels a bit redundant.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Nightfall fanMicrobadge: I talk trash during gamesMicrobadge: I play with red!
I was thinking the same thing thematically. When you see the name "Squire" you think, good guy. He must be like an apprentice seer or something.

I guess the logic is he is not squiring to be a knight, but squiring to be a werewolf some day. So if he serves them well, he can join them.
But like you mentioned, it sounds more like a minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
He's definitely a souped up version of the Minion, and is meant for basically high-player epic games to give the Werewolves an edge if they're not doing too well.

As for Flavor, though, I'm not sure why they went with Squire, and drew him like he his. I think Mike there has the right idea as to what he is doing ("squiring to be a werewolf") but honestly, I can't think of whatever else to call him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lomeli
United States
California
flag msg tools
Agreed the name "Squire" doesn't fit the role and theme. I do have a name they could have used instead. I think Werecub or Fledgling could have worked for this role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Green
msg tools
Re: Flavor behind Squire Role - Big Misunderstanding
Ummmm, this might help. Squire is on the village team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Nightfall fanMicrobadge: I talk trash during gamesMicrobadge: I play with red!
popers1328 wrote:
Ummmm, this might help. Squire is on the village team.
Incorrect. He is on the Werewolves team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Corbett
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree, the flavor behind this is very puzzling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls