Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kline
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I'm casting a line out into the chilly waters of Lake Erie/Ontario to see if there are any established board game groups in the area. I have a decent collection of games myself (which can be seen in my profile) and am often willing to learn new games. I'm not really into CCG's myself, I have nothing against them I just don't want to get involved with their heroin-esque nature of always chasing the dragon and buying new cards forever [hence my hesitation with the Buffalo Board Game Group on meetup.com... it seems to be the focus there].

Anyways, let me know if you've got some gamers nearby and hopefully we can bust a board out soon!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you willing to drive to Rochester? Millennium Games is there.

http://www.millenniumgames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you do come to Rochester, I can recommend Rochester Game Nights. We're a large and active boardgaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kline
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochester is certainly doable but a little further than I would prefer to drive on a regular basis. Certainly something to consider though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Smith
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
There is the Buffalo Gamer Society (they should also be on meetup) and BACSIM (I think they're the Buffalo Board Game Group you mentioned). UB has SARPA as well, and while they're a college club, they put on UB Con, which has seen some board gaming in the past (although being a college convention, that can be subject to various whims - don't take it as a given).

Also, feel free to stop into Dragon Snack Games at 656 Millersport Highway (about 2 miles south of 290 exit 5), if you haven't found us already (did I play TtR with you?). The Buffalo Gamer Society meets here every second Saturday of the month and we have board games at various other times as well (scheduled and unscheduled).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls