Hide
7 Posts

Fire in the Lake» Forums » Rules

Subject: VC's on Laos / Cambodia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave vv
msg tools
1 VC guerrilla got placed in each province in laos and cambodia via an event.

As the flow chart for vc bot mandates to always leave at least a single guerrilla, they've been there doing nothing since '64.

Will the not be moved unless the vc run out of pieces in the middle of a rally so I have to get them from anywere on the mapcry?¿
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Fyodor Dostoyevsky fanMicrobadge: Jorge Luis Borges fanMicrobadge: Gene Wolfe fanMicrobadge: Vegan
tamtam0069 wrote:
1 VC guerrilla got placed in each province in laos and cambodia via an event.

As the flow chart for vc bot mandates to always leave at least a single guerrilla, they've been there doing nothing since '64.
Yep, that happens sometimes.

Quote:
Will the not be moved unless the vc run out of pieces in the middle of a rally so I have to get them from anywere on the mapcry?¿
I hope someone answers this, because last time we played, we got very uncertain about whether the bots will remove from elsewhere on the map when rallying, or if they only take from Available...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Only players are allowed to use the exception in rule 1.4.1.

Non-players are not players...

So no, if an Event places VC Guerrillas in Cambodia or Laos, they'll stay there until some other Faction removes them. They also turn those spaces into valid Rally spaces for VCbot per the last Rally bullet ("... in other spaces that have 1, 2, or 3 VC Guerrillas") - note that the "in the South" part of that bullet only refers to the random spaces, not to the "spaces with 1, 2 or 3 VC Guerrillas" part.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Fyodor Dostoyevsky fanMicrobadge: Jorge Luis Borges fanMicrobadge: Gene Wolfe fanMicrobadge: Vegan
Oerjan wrote:
Only players are allowed to use the exception in rule 1.4.1.

Non-players are not players...
Aha! Doh!

Thank you very much for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave vv
msg tools
Is there anyway (with NVA and VC being bots)the NVA will infiltrate in those laos/cambodia spaces and change the VC guerrillas to NVA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. NVAbot only steals VC Bases, not their Guerrillas.

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen this really hamstring the VC. Those extra guerrillas often keep the VC bot from rallying, and basically take them out of the unit pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls