Subject: Predators: Big or small game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the hunt example given in the rulebook, the hunters kill a horse (big game), and that attracts a pack of wolves. The rulebook then goes on to say that the wolves are small game, so a trapper alpha would give a bonus fighting them.

How is it derived that wolves are small game? They have the club symbol, not the thin spear symbol. Are all predators small game? That seems counter-intuitive to me. If anything, I'd say wolves are big game. Is small game anything smaller than a human in the illustration? Is this a mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Up Front fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fan - Your trip starts here!Microbadge: Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire fanMicrobadge: Linux userMicrobadge: Soccer fan
I saw elsewhere it was said that was an error. The wolves are big game. I believe the living rules were updated accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: I support the Terriers!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!
Yep, confirmed as an error in this thread: G8 Hunt Example
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
qwertymartin wrote:
Yep, confirmed as an error in this thread: G8 Hunt Example
Not "Big game", "club". As all predators. So only warrior gives a bonus, u think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:

They have the club symbol, not the thin spear symbol. Are all predators small game? That seems counter-intuitive to me. If anything, I'd say wolves are big game. Is small game anything smaller than a human in the illustration?
Don't forget that there are three biomes:
The club-icon indicates that the wolves and other predators are of the club biome.
Small game is indicated by a small spear that looks, to me, like a sharpened stick.
Large game is indicated by a larger spear, looks like it has a blade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool. I get that. It's just that there was a discrepancy between the rulebook and the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls