Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Nolte
United States
La Habra Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the game intended to be component limited? We played a 6 player game last night, and everyone started hording coins as the end of the game closed on the end. We ended up in a situation where we ran out of coins. We couldn't find a mention of it in the rules. Do the rules provide guidance on this that we missed?

We decided, much to the ire of the poor soul who blundered into the issue, that for practical reasons, they were out of luck. Was that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 15
Microbadge: Dice Throne Season 2 fanMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Champions of Midgard fanMicrobadge: Epic fanMicrobadge: Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game Fan
Did you follow the rule stating that you cannot load into an occupied hold without first emptying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tikal fanMicrobadge: Insider fanMicrobadge: The Quest for El Dorado fanMicrobadge: Century: Spice Road fanMicrobadge: Carcassonne: Amazonas fan
I, and others, have reported running out of coins. We used poker chips, but then I replaced all the coins with these:

I think the package came with 144 coins, don't remember but a lot more than the cardboard ones that came with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nolte
United States
La Habra Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Did you follow the rule stating that you cannot load into an occupied hold without first emptying it?
We did. There were a lot of holds with 5-6 coins. Whole bunch of Spanish treasure galleons sailing around Port Royal...

Doesn't seem like there is a solid answer. Poo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirt Mike
United States
Canoga Park
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The power of BGG compels you!
mbmbmbmbmb
every time we've played jamaica (4 players), we've either run out of coins, food, or both tokens during each play... so we took food and money tokens from other games to supplement jamaica

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls