6 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cruel Weather rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith czop
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the fellowship need to be revealed in order to use this cards top ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
In general, if a card doesn't state that the fellowship must be revealed, they don't need to be revealed. Cards which have this requirement will specifically state it.

So if memory serves, no they don't in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card requires that the fellowship is on at least 1 of the fellowship track, which is impossible when the fellowship is revealed. So you can only play it when they are hidden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith czop
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
The card requires that the fellowship is on at least 1 of the fellowship track, which is impossible when the fellowship is revealed. So you can only play it when they are hidden.
Good point thanks for clarifying. I couldn't recall the condition of the top of my head so had to explain the most general case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see also some logic / common sense behind this rule:

Cruel Weather represents just that - cruel waether - which is not nessesarily made by Sauron or his Minions.
This is different to Nazgul attacks etc., which always represent the Ringbearer beeing discovered...

It represents loosing Your way because of meteorological problems - so it makes sense, that You can only play it, whem You have already MOVED.

Also, a revealed Fellowship will often or sometimes stand in a Haven (i.e.Lorien) and if the groups has not MOVED, it will hardly loose it´s way...

In my Opinion the Card has it's biiggest strength as long as it has not Yet been played. The danger of the Ringbearer Figure being "displaced" into a Dark Power Sttronghold (Dol Guldur or Moria)will force the Fellowship Player to NOT reveal near such a stronghold, when discovered and therby hamper the FPs advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls