Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Devir
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What up with the skyrocketing price for the Deluxe Edition on the secondary market? Seeing copies going for over $100.

This game still seems to be widely available (though not on Amazon). Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Graves
Canada
Cloverdale
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a quick check of my "go to" online ordering sites here north of the border and they are all listing it as "sold out" or "awaiting reprint". The list price is between $54 and $66 CDN.

I guess I can count myself lucky that I was able to grab a copy for $50 off craigslist last month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has a curious pricing algorithm that detects spikes in demand and runs the price up accordingly. I think this just shows how popular the game is, and a shortage of supply is developing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CyberGarp wrote:
Amazon has a curious pricing algorithm that detects spikes in demand and runs the price up accordingly. I think this just shows how popular the game is, and a shortage of supply is developing.
Amazon doesn't sell it -- 3rd parties do through Amazon's website (think ebay). Those sellers might be using applications that auto adjust the prices. Likely they set prices based on what other sellers are selling it for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A last cash grab by the sharks before the next reprint. Sadly, some people will bite like usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls