Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi i just played my first into and full game last night and had few questions regarding milestones.

Those milestone cards that you get when you are first to play certain cards like waitress etc. Does PLAY mean when you reveal those cards in your company structure in the restructuring phase or when those cards are actually activated? and do the milestone cards have an immediate effect?

I guess I'm asking because for example if you place errand boy in your company structure do I

A) get the errand boy milestone as soon as I reveal the card and milestone card take an effect when I pick up the drink
or
B) I only get the milestone card after I use the card to pick the the free drink... And do I get the card after I pick up the drink hence I won't get that benefit?

Similar with Waitress.. do I get the bonus 2 dollars on the same turn I play Waitress and receive the milestone?

How does it work with First to Lower Prices milestone? Is the card available as soon as I put $-1 card( price manager?) in my structure hence it gives me extra $-1 for every house on that turn.. or would activate from the next round?

Sorry this question became much longer and convoluted than probably necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Hannula
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
Truthful speech, proper understanding, unselfish action
mb
The "play" means when you reveal those cards in your company structure. So A is correct. Also prices get lower immediately (So -2$ with one pricing manager)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
Microbadge: Roland Jupiter-8 fanMicrobadge: Pax Transhumanity fanMicrobadge: All-aboard games fanMicrobadge: Pax Emancipation fanMicrobadge: I play the Moog!
From memory the errand boy milestone counts towards the errand boy that earned it, and is explicitly stated as such in the rule book. I reckon the others are similarly elucidated therein. For instance, the fridge does not save the first thrown away food, per the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rules for the milestones specifically cover all of these.

I think they are all immediate with the exception of the $100 or more milestone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
Hi i just played my first into and full game last night and had few questions regarding milestones.

Those milestone cards that you get when you are first to play certain cards like waitress etc. Does PLAY mean when you reveal those cards in your company structure in the restructuring phase or when those cards are actually activated? and do the milestone cards have an immediate effect?

I guess I'm asking because for example if you place errand boy in your company structure do I

A) get the errand boy milestone as soon as I reveal the card and milestone card take an effect when I pick up the drink
or
B) I only get the milestone card after I use the card to pick the the free drink... And do I get the card after I pick up the drink hence I won't get that benefit?

Similar with Waitress.. do I get the bonus 2 dollars on the same turn I play Waitress and receive the milestone?

How does it work with First to Lower Prices milestone? Is the card available as soon as I put $-1 card( price manager?) in my structure hence it gives me extra $-1 for every house on that turn.. or would activate from the next round?

You really have to look in the rules. But if I remember correctly, the only milestones which do not come into effect directly are the fridge and the 100$-CFO. So you trash the food and then get the (empty) fridge. You have 100$ at the end of Phase 4 and then get the 100$-CFO bonus from the next turn onward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
shingoi wrote:

or

You really have to look in the rules. But if I remember correctly, the only milestones which do not come into effect directly are the fridge and the 100$-CFO. So you trash the food and then get the (empty) fridge. You have 100$ at the end of Phase 4 and then get the 100$-CFO bonus from the next turn onward.
This is most correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for all the replies guys!! the bit about the CFO in the main Rule text confused me with all the other milestone cards. Should've read the milestone section more carefully.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rayffis wrote:
The "play" means when you reveal those cards in your company structure. So A is correct. Also prices get lower immediately (So -2$ with one pricing manager)
Correct. They activate immediately after something has been achieved and you may profit from it. However, you only get the fridge after food and/or drinks have been thrown away and you won't go as low as getting the stuff back out of the garbage, so you can use the fridge from the next turn on (see also the various clarification in the rules).

[... too late...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is slightly off topic, but somewhat related...

If you reduce prices first by playing a Pricing Manager, that turn you will have a price reduction of $2. I know that the Milestone price reduction remains for the rest of the game and cannot be removed or ignored.

But what about the pricing manager? If I leave her on the beach, I assume her effect doesn't happen, right? So for that round (where I leave Pricing Manager on the beach), my prices would be at $9 per item (assuming no other modifiers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:
This is slightly off topic, but somewhat related...

If you reduce prices first by playing a Pricing Manager, that turn you will have a price reduction of $2. I know that the Milestone price reduction remains for the rest of the game and cannot be removed or ignored.

But what about the pricing manager? If I leave her on the beach, I assume her effect doesn't happen, right? So for that round (where I leave Pricing Manager on the beach), my prices would be at $9 per item (assuming no other modifiers).
Sure. If someone is at the beach, they do not have an effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls