United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or does this game beg for some kind of technology integration perhaps? It could complement the deck and could really open up a lot of possibilities. Also probably spark more controversy...but I for one this there could really be some possibilities there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
live and die on one day
mbmbmbmbmb
repthrd wrote:
Is it just me
Short answer: Yes. It‘s just you. (Just kiddingwhistle)
Not every board games is crying out for an app or for electronic aids. There are some board games out there that benefit from the deployment of apps. In my personal view T.I.M.E-Stories is none of these games. T.I.M.E-Stories needs to be „player driven“ and not by electronic devices. Otherwise it would lose a lot of „atmosphere“. But again: It’s a matter of taste anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not yet at least. Only if the scenarios stop surprising there will need to change something. Maybe an app, or a change in gameboard/game system. But after just two scenario's it's not needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpwalker wrote:
repthrd wrote:
Is it just me
Short answer: Yes. It‘s just you. (Just kiddingwhistle)
No, it really is just you Rob.

You are right though, an app could be integrated with the game "easily", but I think it's too early to go there yet and, for me at least, the "decksploration" is a wonderful mechanism, I just want more of that for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG posterMicrobadge: I play with blue!
The app would kill the game in an instant. The game's charm relies on the fact, that it tries to achieve the point'n'click adventure without having a computer. A moment you add a computer to that game, it now competes with these point'n'click adventures. And in that space, nothing ever can beat Secret of Monkey Island, so no point in trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few things that I think adding an App to the game would help with, primarily adding diologue trees to the game (whether voice acted or no). However, the bulk of the game is straightforward and easy enough to keep track of without an app. Because of this, I feel that adding an app to the game (outside of adding diologue trees or similar applications) would be a detriment to the system rather than a benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
I want an app that does nothing more than individual soundtracks for each location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Dialogue trees often feel like brute force fishing expeditions. You know you have to find something, so you go through the motions. Monkey Island and others that have witty/interesting banter or the duel of wits is amusing, but effectively TS does it with different people in the same scene, rather than a single NPC with a choice of questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Dialogue trees often feel like brute force fishing expeditions. You know you have to find something, so you go through the motions. Monkey Island and others that have witty/interesting banter or the duel of wits is amusing, but effectively TS does it with different people in the same scene, rather than a single NPC with a choice of questions.
That is true, but they can also be a great way of adding additional flavor and detail to the world without having to add a large number of additional assets (in this case, cards and art). Honestly, I really don't feel the game needs an App alongside it - but if one is made, that's what I hope it would be used for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been called a board game implementation of a specific type of videogame experience.

The question could also be asked "Why didn't they make this into a 100% software experience?" and it would be equally valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls