Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Things are very bad down there in Brazil -- I suspect overall this will be a very positive move:

http://time.com/4108421/brazil-u-s-gun-culture/?xid=time_soc...

I don't expect the hoplophobes to agree of course.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
I don't expect the hoplophobes to agree of course.
Well, yeah. Do you think arachnaphobes would support a bill to introduce spiders into every building in London? Kinda goes without saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoplophobia- morbid fear of being chased by rabbits or kangaroos swinging axes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a quid pro quo kind of way, are our lawmakers going to find a way to make it easier for us to control our personal body hair?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Walmart has been in Brazil for 20 years and it took this long? Jeez, the cigarette lighter borrowers have been getting a free ride too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
Microbadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Shut Up & Sit Down fanMicrobadge: Dune Series fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Dune fan
Donald wrote:
hoplophobia- morbid fear of being chased by rabbits or kangaroos swinging axes.

G'day mate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
thats good to hear - i mean they were getting a bit too populous now we only need china and india to copy our gun culture

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
Microbadge: Chit Chatter of the DayMicrobadge: Golden CamelMicrobadge: Fighting Hover Crab fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys and Two GirlsMicrobadge: US Air Force
If liveleak has taught me anything it's that Brazil is essentially a modern-day version of the Wild West, so this seems the next logical step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
If liveleak has taught me anything it's that Brazil is essentially a modern-day version of the Wild West, so this seems the next logical step.
These would be 16 year old anecdotes at this point but I have some interesting wild west like stories from Brasil...maybe tomorrow though, I'm a bit sleepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be interesting to see the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This part of the article was telling :

The draft law is the latest move by what has been dubbed by opponents as the Bullets, Beef and Bible Caucus in Brazil’s congress. Politicians linked to the security services, big agricultural firms and evangelical Christians consolidated their power in last year’s elections and have advanced a series of conservative measures.

Among the other laws being debated are a plan to lower the age of criminal responsibility to 16; narrow the country’s robust definition of slave labor; weaken indigenous tribes’ right to claim their ancestral lands; exclude homosexual couples from the definition of family; and criminalize abortion in cases of rape.

Yeah, this will go over well for them LOL. It sounds like they have already elected their version of clown car Republicans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
This part of the article was telling :

The draft law is the latest move by what has been dubbed by opponents as the Bullets, Beef and Bible Caucus in Brazil’s congress. Politicians linked to the security services, big agricultural firms and evangelical Christians consolidated their power in last year’s elections and have advanced a series of conservative measures.

Among the other laws being debated are a plan to lower the age of criminal responsibility to 16; narrow the country’s robust definition of slave labor; weaken indigenous tribes’ right to claim their ancestral lands; exclude homosexual couples from the definition of family; and criminalize abortion in cases of rape.

Yeah, this will go over well for them LOL. It sounds like they have already elected their version of clown car Republicans.
As I said (but to expand upon it), this may be a very interesting demonstration of what would happen in the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Far Side fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I love Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Lakes!Microbadge: Meteor fanMicrobadge: Your Universe Awaits
slatersteven wrote:
It will be interesting to see the result.
Since more people will have guns, there will be less crime and violence in general. Just like in the United States.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls