United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out My Games!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if the heroes have a 1-hit weapon each but there are monsters that require 2-hits at every location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There was discussion in the campaign comments about allowing non-lethal damage to stun the monster.

I've been playing where a non-lethal attack toggles the stunned state of the monster. So the first non-lethal attack stuns, the second awakens, and the third kills.

This at least gives me a chance against the demon(s) when I'm wandering around with a basic sword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, I like that mechanic. Gives a bit more on the decision making: I have 3 actions. I hit the demon on the first try and stun it. Do I now press my luck and try to hit it two more times, or let sleeping monsters lie?
I'm going to give this a try next time.
Thanks,

~WCSD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out My Games!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
I also like that mechanic, will give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Venezia
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah, we are looking into non-lethal attacks stunning monsters if they hit, and so far it's been working really well So we will probably add this to the final game. For now, I encourage you to use this rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the final game from KS and have tried to play my first game solo. However I'm a bit stuck on how to kill a monster with 3 hit points when I have 2 single-handed weapons equipped that do 1 damage each. I rolled dice that meant both weapons hit, but for a total of 2 damage.

So how can I ever kill the monster? There doesn't seem to be any mention of a stun rule in the final game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, partial damage = stun did not apparently make the final rules. Whether this was an oversight, or playtesting showed it to make encounters too easy is unknown at this point.

I'd say play with the rule outlined above if it makes the game more fun for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personnally, the warhammer is my basic weapon everytime. Its versatility makes it impossible to stay blocked forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
msg tools
You can dual wield also. Mace + any other one-handed weapon = 3 damage.(1 action). Mace is basic so you can start with it. Karrek can start the game dealing 3 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls