COGZ» Forums » General

Subject: Damaged box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: BirdwatcherMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Golden Meeple
Just received my copy today, one box corner was crushed and split (both top and bottom of box). Packaging and shipping box were perfectly undamaged. Can anyone direct me to who I can contact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Lamont
Australia
Kewdale
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: My head is exploding with too many game ideas!Microbadge: I design games for the love of itMicrobadge: Constantly thinking about game designMicrobadge: I design board games!Microbadge: Game Publisher
That sounds mighty strange Tom,

Could you send through some photos to support@raez.net and I'll get it resolved for you.

That makes me worried about the other US shipments as they all came via air which should have left no real room for the games to get damaged. I'm going to have to find out where the problem is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Black Hawk
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: I'm a gut player!Microbadge: Scrabble fanMicrobadge: 2019 Silver SupporterMicrobadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!
Just got mine today and one corner of the box is pretty banged up as well. It was packed in two layers of thin bubble wrap and a plastic shipping bag. The outside plastic shipping bag has small holes in it in multiple places, so clearly, this do not provide anywhere near the protection of a cardboard outer box. I got this to play with our 7.5-year old son so I will definitely live and not complain too much, but next time, I'd recommend cardboard boxes or mailers, or drop-shipping by the pallet for eventual shipment in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Geekway to the West attendeeMicrobadge: BirdwatcherMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Golden Meeple
Wez! wrote:
That sounds mighty strange Tom,

Could you send through some photos to support@raez.net and I'll get it resolved for you.

That makes me worried about the other US shipments as they all came via air which should have left no real room for the games to get damaged. I'm going to have to find out where the problem is.
I'll forward photos this weekend, sir. Thanks, and I was surprised as well when I opened the plastic wrap from the game. I could immediately see one corner was crushed slightly, but couldn't see the split until I actually opened the lid. I checked the shipping box carefully, and it was fine, fully intact. It didn't look like it had been crushed. I taped the corner with clear tape, but I'll take some close photos to send.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
As a follow up, the designer has been quick and responsive to my post, and is addressing this for me. I would like to thank him, and assure others that after a single game play of this so far, it's an excellent game, with very nice components, and a great rule book. And I don't think I'm going on a limb in saying you should feel confident in supporting Wesley's game, and any future ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls