Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gather 'round the campfire with us as we tell you a spooooooky story in a special Halloween Friday the 13th episode! We're playing Are You Afraid of the Dark from 1995, based on the Nickelodeon horror anthology series for tweens. Players create a custom character and explore the "Are You Afraid of the Dark"-niverse, facing supernatural peril as they attempt to max out their stats and return to the campfire. Will the panel walk away safely, or will they be shocked by an ironic and terrifying (yet kid-safe) twist? Download now...IF YOU DARE.

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2015/11/episode-83-are-you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Time for the "which AYAotD episode really freaked you out as a kid?" thread!

* "The Tale of Laughing in the Dark" - the one with the clown (and I'm not even afraid of clowns!)
* "The Tale of the Dark Music" - the one where the kid gets a new bike for feeding the neighborhood bully to the thing in the basement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doane
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to correct your pronunciation, Jared, but it's actually pronounced Sar-DOH, no mister, accent on the DOH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKfEYvem3IM

Also, it's been about 18 months since I've been able to update it, but I made a Tumblr with gifs from AYAOTD episodes. Like, stupid, stupid gifs.

http://areyouafraidofthegifs.tumblr.com/

For instance, he's Sardo himself, telling you, "No mister, accent on the DOH."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES!!! STUPID GIFS FOR THE WIN!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up having quite the horror filled Saturday between listening to this episode and playing Eldritch Horror for the first time with some gaming friends. It is too bad this game did not seem to mimic the storytelling aspect of the show or as pointed out create urgency/tension like in games like Nightmare and Klingon Challenge. With one month left to go, I'm sensing this may be a contender for flop of the year.

So psyched for SnowCon! I'm going to try running Stop Thief as my first ever game master experience. Also, I can bring my squawking copies of Mall Madness, Omega Virus and Clue F/X for the Saturday FTT event if you wish. Any clue of last year's McDonalds champ will be returning to defend her title?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the McD's tourney, I don't have official word if the champ will be returning to defend, but I sure hope so!

Would love to try Stop Thief and Clue FX!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.