Subject: Generous Woman - place Black disks in Shaman portal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Up Front fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fan - Your trip starts here!Microbadge: Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire fanMicrobadge: Linux userMicrobadge: Soccer fan
The Generous Woman allows for placing Orange and Black disks in the Shaman portal spot. The Portal Action rule says that each portal spot can hold two portals, "one of each color shown." To the left of this rule in the rulebook is an illustration showing all three portal spots, each with two portals (aka disks) in them. The Shaman portal spot shows an orange and white disk in it, so I take it the rule is saying this portal spot can only hold orange and white disks. Is that correct? If so, what does this Generous Woman ability mean? It would appear that the Shaman portal spot is not allowed to hold a black portal disk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Bios: Megafauna fanMicrobadge: Origins: How We Became Human fanMicrobadge: Pax Porfiriana fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fan
The Generous Woman allows for placing either an Orange or a Black disk in the Venus portal spot (not the Shaman portal spot). This is indicated by the Venus statuette icon depicted in the disks, also by the text "Place VENUS portal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Up Front fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fan - Your trip starts here!Microbadge: Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire fanMicrobadge: Linux userMicrobadge: Soccer fan
Thanks for the reply, Phil. I now realize that it is the Vassal module that threw me. When I look at the actual cards in my physical copy, it is clear that the Generous Woman places in the Venus portal. The Vassal game has the incorrect text on this card ("Place SHAMAN portal").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Pax Porfiriana fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fanMicrobadge: Origins: How We Became Human fan
Just wanna mention I will update the Vassal module asap. The current version is still from late beta stages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls