The Red Dragon Inn: Gambling? I'm In!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Three Kingdoms clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan T.
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
So I finally tried Three Kingdoms and ran into a problem. We couldn't find in the rules where it says what the war score of a colour with no cards is. We went will the idea that if you have no cards you have no war score (i.e. that colour loses automatically). The other idea we had was that it has a war score of 1 since a colour's war score can't be reduced below zero and they are essentially at zero.

So what is the correct way to deal with a kingdom with no cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan T.
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Also for war scores there are two tie breakers:

"If two or more colors have a War Value of 1, then a color with a Warrior beats one without. Otherwise, the colors are tied."

"If two or more colors are tied with a War Value other than 1, then a color with only 1 card in it beats one with multiple cards. Otherwise, the colors are tied."

Out of curiosity, is there are reason the tie breaker isn't just a simple lowest rank general wins ties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Your initial interpretation was correct. A Kingdom with no cards in it has no score and thus automatically loses and counts for nothing towards points in hand.

The reason for the tiebreaker is because we wanted to make sure that Warriors were strictly the best generals. If two Kingdoms have the same War Value but non-Warrior generals (i.e. Bard with Rogue vs. Merchant with 2 Rogues) then they are still tied. In this way, the game can still have the risk and drama of that last-card bomb that takes a Kingdom from last to first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.