Churchill» Forums » Variants

Subject: Allied Leaders and Aftermath of WWII variant. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spain
Santiago de Compostela
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I’m currently testing a couple of modifications to the mechanics of the game. The idea is to insert China into the game, linking it to the CBI front track and to spice up the end game. Feel free to give it a try. Suggestions and critics are most welcome.

Instructions

Game sheets (crude)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have to say, at first glance, I am impressed at the creativity and ingenuity of this variant. It really adds a few new dimensions to the game and brings some details of the war to the forefront.

At the same time, it also complicates what I feel is an already elegant system. It almost seems like a different game with this addition...or at least a different version of it.

Have you tried these rules out? If so, how did it go? Did it change the rhythm of game-play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Santiago de Compostela
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LeroyJS wrote:
I will have to say, at first glance, I am impressed at the creativity and ingenuity of this variant. It really adds a few new dimensions to the game and brings some details of the war to the forefront.

At the same time, it also complicates what I feel is an already elegant system. It almost seems like a different game with this addition...or at least a different version of it.

Have you tried these rules out? If so, how did it go? Did it change the rhythm of game-play?
Thanks for checking. The rules are little more than a first draft. I am low on time and people lately and I have only tested the variant solo twice, full campaign, no bots. This is the main reason to post them on the BGG, to get some feedback.

On the first game I focused on advancing the CBI front as US expecting to use Chiang to offset Italy. It didn't work well. Eventually the front stalled on hong kong a long time since the focus on the theater shifted to the Pacific. This had the side effect that churchill had no reason to hold SF, so the invasion happened smoothly and germany was invaded by both fronts on conference 9. On the last conference it was decided that Formosa was the best option to allow a japan surrender. Stalin tried to sabotage DoW on Japan but was countered (he got away with the global issue though). KMT ended with 2VP for the US after 3 Chiang and 1 Mao uses. DeGaulle was not used in the game. In the end it was a 4/4/2, giving 4vp to SU, 3 to UK and 2 to US. UK won a condition 1 thanks to pol/mil markers.

On the second i tried an early SF with UK. It almost paid off as Germany had fallen at conference 6, but SU managed to reach Prussia with a lot of US help. After that UK tried to get SU to Japan before US could made much advance on the pacific fronts. Japan was finally invaded by the SU in the last conference. KMT gave 1 point to SU and DeGaulle hit twice in the colonies (he was not used much as the offensive support in Europe lost its value soon). At the end SU won a condition 1, 5 points in advantage to US an 7 to UK. The aftermath was 4/3/3, with SU winning 4vp, UK 3vp and US 2vp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls