Clash of Cultures: Civilizations» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification about Wak Chanil Ajaw power... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure If I correctly understood Wak Chanil Ajaw power: "After capturing a city: May remove 1 non-settlement city-piece in your color and then increase city size in the city at no action cost and no resource cost."

That means that when her Army takes a city she can remove one of the buildings of this city (let say the port) and then increase another city size by creating there a new building without cost? Or this should be done in the same city she just invaded? (but then I do not understand the point, if she destroy a building and build a new one...).

Thanks in advance for your answers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Microbadge: FezMicrobadge: Mojito loverMicrobadge: Tiki fanMicrobadge: Your MomMicrobadge: Lava Lamp fan
Yes, it all happens in the city that was just captured. Basically, you can replace one of the buildings. Imagine turning an Academy into a Fortress, or perhaps into an Obelisk if you think the opponent will take the city right back. Maybe instead of a Temple you'd rather have a Market. There are lots of useful possibilities.

It isn't worded "replace a building" to make it clear that if you build an Academy you get 2 ideas, if you build a Temple you get a token, etc. "Replace" could have prompted questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
A captured a city comes to you angry. You can't build any new buildings in an angry city. Ajaw's ability let's you swap out a building type after capture (ignoring the mood restriction for the moment). This can let you change the city make-up without first upgrading it's mood.

Many times I've would have liked to build a fortress after capturing a city to keep it, but couldn't because of the angry status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. That makes a lot of sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls