Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I teach a college class on writing for video games and a few weeks ago I brought in T.I.M.E. Stories. It turned out to be a great way to talk about dealing with interactive narratives and has been an effective tool for discussing everything from world building to player choice.

Last class I had the students come up with a scenario themselves and then I ran through it. They did a great job, creating a narrative using a kind of Arabian Nights setting and lots of palace intrigue with a possibly evil Sultan. It was all text based (no artists in the group - they just wrote out descriptions of what the art would be) and I'm not even sure how I could share it without spoiling it, but thought people might enjoy hearing about it.

Thanks to the designers and publisher for this great game. My students are already asking to play through The Marcy Case, but I've told them I need to finish it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can clear it with your students, I personally would love to see (and potentially play through) the scenario they came up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel, you can now download an English language designer kit from the Space Cowboys site (see the link at the bottom of that page).

It won't help with artwork but all the icons and card templates are included, and if the class' work is good enough, there's also the link to submit it for publication...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll talk to them today, I'm sure they'll be happy to share it, then see if I can format it and upload it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls