Subject: Can We Move the Logout Button Please? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look at the website on my phone a lot and I've lost track of the number of times I've accidentally clicked "Logout" when trying to click on the search bar. shake

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but I thought I would bring it up and ask. Could we perhaps move it somewhere else? I'm not sure where (perhaps people might have some ideas) but I'd really appreciate if it wasn't right above that search box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
It'd be convenient in the upper left somewhere, say, right next to or below my user name. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's any place they can put it that wouldn't cause a problem on a cell phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
Way down at the bottom maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Left hand side, between the BGG logo and "Recently Viewed", or on the line it currently is, between "Video Games" and "Events", since an important part is moving it away from the "Go" button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a logout button??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please leave it in the same place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
Please move it to a random location on random days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Finger Lakes region
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
It'd be convenient in the upper left somewhere, say, right next to or below my user name. :whistle:
Hmmm. I detect someone with a memory of posts and events from January of this year ...

Thanks for removing log-out under username!

with these samples just prior to that time also related

Time to renovate BGG
Moving the [Log Out] function...
How do I log out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Microbadge: Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers fanMicrobadge: Disney fanMicrobadge: LEGO fanMicrobadge: Girl Genius fanMicrobadge: TSR fan - (1982-1991)
Can you zoom on the phone? Problem solved.

Seriously, I have trouble clicking the spaces to enter my password and posting GG to G4GG accurately on my iPad. A quick two finger zoom fixes both handily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperors Grace wrote:
Can you zoom on the phone? Problem solved.

Seriously, I have trouble clicking the spaces to enter my password and posting GG to G4GG accurately on my iPad. A quick two finger zoom fixes both handily.

How do people NOT zoom while using a phone? Crazy eyesight that one has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Finger Lakes region
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travisdhill wrote:
How do people NOT zoom while using a phone? Crazy
How do you people NOT decide that the tiny box is the wrong tool for extended usage ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you Santa
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrysm wrote:
There's a logout button??
What would be the use of such thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least this isn't a "jumpy" site. I'm having more and more problems with over-produced sites that won't sit still for me. I feel like I'm trying to click a link on a boat in the middle of the ocean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Harriman
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
An example of a male Post-American Croach (Periplanta oithicus), in the traditional garb of his people. His afro and false beard mark him as a priest of Boss Rob.
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
travisdhill wrote:
How do people NOT zoom while using a phone? Crazy
How do you people NOT decide that the tiny box is the wrong tool for extended usage ...

As someone with keratoconus who's also growing increasingly nearsighted, I usually find it far more comfortable to bring a phone into my focal range, instead of craning my head over the keyboard and squinting at the screen of my laptop.
I've come to really appreciate websites that still allow zooming, I've seen too many websites become basically unusable "mobile sites" that cannot be opted out of, even with browser controls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls