Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Ricotta
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Hollandspiele fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: I like tacosMicrobadge: You're in my zone of control!Microbadge: Pax Renaissance fan
If I can gather and my hunters kill some tasty big game but are then moved to a predator card that has gathering do they gather? We played no as it looks like it comes before hunting rolls, but just wanted to check....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Bios: Megafauna fanMicrobadge: Origins: How We Became Human fanMicrobadge: Pax Porfiriana fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fan
No. The sequence of play rules this out. Furthermore, thematically the predators are coming to you and the freshly killed prey, so you are not out gathering. And who would be picking berries in the presence of lions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Hollandspiele fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: I like tacosMicrobadge: You're in my zone of control!Microbadge: Pax Renaissance fan
Thanks! That is how we played and what we figured. Sadly I've been wrong before though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: I was trololol'ed in 2010Microbadge: Cheese loverMicrobadge: Book reader
You can however place a single hunter on the predator to gather. Then, when your other hunters move to the predator (assuming your big game hunt was succesful), the hunter already there will help hunt the predator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Triantafyllidis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Ο ΘΕΟΣ ΤΗΣ ΠΟΛΗΣ
Microbadge: Liverpool fanMicrobadge: Jaguar fanMicrobadge: Stuka Joe fanMicrobadge: Solitaire WargamerMicrobadge: Born in 1970
good point,small addition if i may...

unless there is another predator closer to the big hunt in which case the lonesome hunter will roll separately(separated from the rest while searching for some pine nuts...suddenly attacked by a pack of scimitar cats...never to be seen again...brr)

WARNING:seabird eggs and berries are very tasty and nutritious but extremely dangerous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sekigahara: Unification of Japan fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: AH LCG - The SurvivorMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fan
Fabvier wrote:
good point,small addition if i may...

unless there is another predator closer to the big hunt in which case the lonesome hunter will roll separately(separated from the rest while searching for some pine nuts...suddenly attacked by a pack of scimitar cats...never to be seen again...brr)

WARNING:seabird eggs and berries are very tasty and nutritious but extremely dangerous
If one my hunters survives a gathering expedition on a Sea Tyrant Bear biome, I usually reward him by marrying him off to the next available daughter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls