Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T G
Norway
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
German Strategy
This is a german strategy for medium skilled players finding it hard to get Germany into Russia. It supposes that Japan is tankrushing Moscow and that both the axis’ will attack Moscow in turn 8. (See my japan strategy for a matching strategy with Japan). Unless UK and US puts a lot of pressure on Germany or they send a large amount of fighters to russia they should not be able to reinforce russia early enough to protect her since your baltic fleets costs them a few turns building or rebuilding their fleet)

Turn 1
BUY: 1 Aircraftcarrier, 8 inf (40)
ATTACKS:
-Take Egypt with MED fleet/ 1 armor+1 inf.
-Destroy MED bb with sub and 4 fighters
-Pull back all units from ukraine (and belorussia if opponent did not take it) and use one each turn to recapture each terrotory along with your aicrafts.
-Gather your armor in a single stack.
PLACEMENT: The aircraft carrier is placed in the baltic. The inf in germany. Remember to land two fighters on the carrier.

THE PLAN: You will produce 4 stacks of inf and artillery. Then two stacks of armor. These will be gathered in karelia at turn 7 (with the last batch of armor cathcing up with them in turn 8). You move this superstack into western russia and on turn 8 you attack with it all.

If you lose Western Europe, don’t worry as long as the stacks keeps marching east. Just retake it with the reserve army and you will be allright.

The plan assumes you will manage to keep an income of 35 IPC. Any surplus money are spent on inf placed in souther europe. This is the reserve army, which will be sent to trade in ukraine and belo, afrika and retake WE (which you probably will be strong enough to do once.

NAVY: The MED fleet resupplies africa and gives bombardment to any landings in ukraine with any inf from SE. Should you get the chance, move the fleet to algeria and capture brazil. Linking up with any japanese fleet.
The baltic fleet will stay where they are untill the first opportunity to kill the british or american fleets. It is important that it is you who attacks him, and not the other way around. This because you then will get all of your airplanes along, while he wont. If you get your baltic fleet killed to early the entire trooptrain may collapse. Just keep on sacrifising planes to destroy the brits fleets. Remember that germany must survive to turn 8.

AIRFORCE: Should be placed in EE as they have the best range from there. Use them to trade territories. When your baltic fleet attacks, they will help. Lose them first in a naval battle, but never in a land battle. None will survive for the assault on moscow anyway. Don’t bother to bomb strategically as your bomber WILL die. Extra firepower in the naval battle is much more valuable.

THE CONCLUSION: Russia will make about 28-29 the first 5 turns. So she will have potentially 60-70 units in a big stack. This strategy therefore supposes that Japan has been moscowrushing and will be able to coordinate a large attack on turn 8 herself. Which means that Japan probably takes Moscow.

Turn 2
Buy: 10 Inf+art, 50%
ATTACKS: Move berlin INF to EE.
Mover armorstack to EE.

Turn 3
Buy: 10 Inf+art
ATTACKS: Move Berlin stack to EE. Move EE to karelia. If strong enough to hold, move armor stack to karelia.

Turn 4
Buy: 10 inf+art
ATTACKS: Move Berlin stack into EE. Move EE stack into karelia. If no counteratack is likely, move Karelia stack+armor to archangelsk.

Turn 5
BUY: 7 armor
ATTACKS: Move berlin stack into EE. Move EE into karelia (now you have 3 stacks+armor here).

Turn 6
Buy: 7 armor
ATTACKS: Move EE stack into Karelia. Move Berlin armor into Karelia.

Turn 7
BUY: Inf+1 art
ATTACKS: Move karelia stack into Archangelsk or WR, whatever gives the weakest counterattack. Move Berlin Armor into WR or karelia.

Turn 8
BUY: Inf
ATTACKS: Move your 38 inf/art and 21 armor into Moscow.

WEAKNESSES: Allied pressure on Germany will be large. If you capture Africa you may have enough cash to build up a large reserve army. If not you will lose western europe. But the two last buys of infantry should be enough to hold Germany proper. Even losing SE in turn 6-8 is no biggie since you KNOW that you will assault Moscow in turn 8 and either win or lose while you opponent will operate by other measures.

Should you feel the pressure to big in turn 5 you could buy men instead, and then buy fighters in turn 7 (which will get into the fray).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VERY interesting. And creative too. If nothing else, it'll keep the Allies wondering just why Germany built the Graf Zeppelin in the first turn. But against bolder Allied players, it might have a chance to work.

As I posted on a previous thread, I think Germany is the worst country to play in this game because they have so few means of striking out at their opponents in the beginning. So I welcome any new ideas for strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, on second thought, I don't think this strategy will work unless you're playing with a German player who is somewhat new to the game. A couple of my gaming friends are aggressive enough players that they would attack the German Baltic fleet with their two fighters and one bomber from Great Britain on Britain's first turn. Granted, the battle would be about even, and the Brits would have no room for error and no cheap units to soak off hits, but the German carrier would not have fighters on it during that attack, since the fighters have to land before the new carrier is placed on the board. Given enough alcohol, I might just attempt this attack myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lindström
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that in the revised rules, you are allowed to move fighters from adjacent territories to a newly constructed carrier when it is placed on the board... That would prevent the british attack on the baltic fleet..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True enough, you're right (why the bloody **** didn't they just keep the rules of this game consistent with A&AE and A&AP? shake ), but those fighter planes would have to come from Germany specifically, not just any territory bordering on the Baltic Sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T G
Norway
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
You land 2 fighters from germany on the carrier. that makes any RAF attack on it suicide. it goes without saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've never played with the gang I play with. Suicide attacks are practically one guy's middle name. The thing that gets me is, he has abnormally good luck on the dice at such moments. All that needs to happen is a bad defensive roll from Germany and a good one from U.K. on the first roll...

Ah, I digress. I'll give this strategy a shot next time I play with them. Like I said, it'll at least keep 'em guessing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hodgson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to try this new A&A out as we play the original . In that game , if England bombs economically turn after turn and purchases bombers turn after turn , eventually Germany cant build stacks of anything ..

Now , unless the new game has some different rules that makes economic bombing the last choice a player would want to do , then I cant see this 'England bombing Germany' strat ever changing the outcome ( Allies win )...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T G
Norway
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
UK has 2 fighters and a bomber on turn 1. This equals 1.66 hits. You have 2 fighters, an aircraft carrier, a destroyer and a trannie. this equals 2.2 hits. Meaning his bomber may survive to the next turn. Or it may not. In effect the Uk player is swapping 35 IPCs for 2 of your subs.
The result is that he will not have the fighters to make a REAL fleetkill on turn 3 or 4, but will have to build more junk to kill of a german fleet and some fighters that you BEGAN the game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T G
Norway
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Hodgson. Your post has nothing to do with the thread. Post a seperate article about the england strategy on classic A&A and i'll check it out. (But it seems to me that you are bombing more than the legal limit of the territory production, meaning germany would only lose 10 IPC at most every turn)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravage wrote:
UK has 2 fighters and a bomber on turn 1. This equals 1.66 hits. You have 2 fighters, an aircraft carrier, a destroyer and a trannie. this equals 2.2 hits. Meaning his bomber may survive to the next turn. Or it may not. In effect the Uk player is swapping 35 IPCs for 2 of your subs.
The result is that he will not have the fighters to make a REAL fleetkill on turn 3 or 4, but will have to build more junk to kill of a german fleet and some fighters that you BEGAN the game with.

Not to belabour the point, but that wouldn't stop one of my group from doing the attack. He's got luck on the dice worthy of Vegas and can make it work, while the dice would $^%# up on me for sure, if I were the German player in this scenario. But I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Goteri
Italy
Moncalieri (To)
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tick wrote:
Ravage wrote:

Not to belabour the point, but that wouldn't stop one of my group from doing the attack. He's got luck on the dice worthy of Vegas and can make it work, while the dice would $^%# up on me for sure, if I were the German player in this scenario. But I'll give it a try and let you know.

Fortune or not, suicide or not the Carrier WILL SURVIVE the attack!
And loosing all the RAF in a suicide attack means open the London doors to the Nazi army!
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svend Kristian Kinch
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I can only agree to building a carrier. Unless the russians attacks has gone so bad, that you can hope to take Moscow before turn 5, I would always bay a carrier, you just get so many options for just 16 ipc....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravage wrote:
(But it seems to me that you are bombing more than the legal limit of the territory production, meaning germany would only lose 10 IPC at most every turn)

Actually, the limit is per bomber per territory, not just per territory. So each bomber can inflict a maximum # of IPCs equal to the territory's production. Example: 2 heavies bomb Germany. Germany will lose no more than 20 IPCs in that run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T G
Norway
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
After testing this strategy a few times against SirWinston and a few of the other heavy hitters at triplea forum, I think the carrier buy may be outdated, It does not really pay off. As you said, 16 IPC gives many options. Land defence and aircraft raids on the UK fleet may do the job better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.