Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Barbalho
Brazil
Fortaleza
CearĂ¡
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, im having some difficult in understand the grand statue ability :

When you build it you can spend additional resources. Those resources will tell you the amount of VP you take.
But this VPs you must take then as soon you build it and then the grand statue has no more abilities,
or it turns in to a card like a manor, where you can use the dice to take the amount of VPs you paid for?
If the first option is correct, so attacking the grand statue will not be a problem for the defending player, once he cant use abilities on it right?
And if the second option is correct, if i dont spend extra resources, the satue will have no abilities, right? And if its right, whats the best way to remember the amount paid in that card?

Thank you for your attention, and sorry for any mistakes once english is not my mother language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you build the Statue, at that moment you may pay extra resources and gain extra VP. After that, it doesn't have any ability to offer.

Effectively, Grand Statue is an easy way to turn some resources into VP. Essentially, it allows you to convert 2 to 5 resources (stone and iron) to that many victory points (if you take into account the VP it provides itself). If you were to build 1 or 2 other buildings with the same number of resources you would surely get less VP than that.

Near the end of the game, those extra points could make all the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Barbalho
Brazil
Fortaleza
CearĂ¡
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick answer! Im going to take my first match tomorrow.

Best luck to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls