Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caysi
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"There is an infinite amount of stars in that beautiful mind of yours. Go Explore." -unknown
Microbadge: Cuphead fan - CupheadMicrobadge: Spyro fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Hearts fanMicrobadge: Crash Bandicoot fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild fan
First of all, I just want to say i love this game. My husband and i just played our second game, and we ran into an issue with a rules question. I wanted to change my alignment, according to the rules, i just place my reversal ankh on my facedown alignment token and it will be the other alignment. My husband feels there was something else i had to do. I can not find anywhere in the rules except the small sentence in the beginning of the book in the setup section. Can you clarify when and how one changes alignment in the game?

(for the record, the answer to this question will determine how our game ended...if i am right, then i won)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
You can't just change alignment because you want to. I did it once with one of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
You can't just change alignment because you want to. I did it once with one of the cards.
I believe this is correct. I think it's through use of cards that you can change alignments. I don't have the game in front of me to check, but I would look through the cards to check if you want to know definitively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
First of all, I just want to say i love this game. My husband and i just played our second game, and we ran into an issue with a rules question. I wanted to change my alignment, according to the rules, i just place my reversal ankh on my facedown alignment token and it will be the other alignment. My husband feels there was something else i had to do. I can not find anywhere in the rules except the small sentence in the beginning of the book in the setup section. Can you clarify when and how one changes alignment in the game?

(for the record, the answer to this question will determine how our game ended...if i am right, then i won)
I apologize but I think you're going to need to have a rematch with him to settle the score!

The ankhs were intended as thematic markers/reminders, they are not sufficient to change your alignment on their own. Several of the character powers and artifacts allow you or an opponent to change sides - you will need one of those if you wish to change sides in future games.

Glad you and your husband enjoy the game! Better luck next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Not being able to change light/dark at will is what makes the game challenging in that YOU have to help only YOUR teams Goddesses. Don't do certain actions if it is going to help the opposing Goddess alignment. Here is where the other part of the game comes in for early game: figuring out which goddesses are aligned with which sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls