Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David A. Xavier
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Storytelling games fan
I just finished my first game of this and love it, but a couple of queries came up. The most important of these is: can you perform the same action twice (or more) in the same round?

For example, I harvest to gain a fish. When it is my turn next, may I harvest again to harvest paper from a different card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: 2016 Solitaire Print and Play Contest participantMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones - Only the best!Microbadge: Runebound fan
perfectimperfection wrote:
I just finished my first game of this and love it, but a couple of queries came up. The most important of these is: can you perform the same action twice (or more) in the same round?

For example, I harvest to gain a fish. When it is my turn next, may I harvest again to harvest paper from a different card?
As long as you have the people rested to do it, yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Yoga fan
Yes, definitely. You could even spend a whole round with each of your people getting money if you wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: I like Grand Austria HotelMicrobadge: London fan
You also are not limited to sending one person out each time it's your turn. If you wanted to harvest that fish and that paper, you could just use two guys to do it in one go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Calne
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: The Great Indoors: Worcestershire board game eventMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Newcastle United FC fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Plays Games with Spouse
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
You also are not limited to sending one person out each time it's your turn. If you wanted to harvest that fish and that paper, you could just use two guys to do it in one go.
Is that right? We haven't been playing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Medieval Theme fanMicrobadge: Wars of the Roses: Lancaster vs. York - York fanMicrobadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: Wars of the Roses: Lancaster vs. York - Lancaster fanMicrobadge: Wars of The Roses: Lancaster vs. York fan
I'm thinking how one would keep track of the actions they've done that round.

You're not doing that weird thing where you're placing your villagers directly on the action listed on your player board that I've seen in a game play video are you? Oh please don't be doing that, I beg you.

Just declare the action being performed and slide the villagers performing that action to the exhausted area or onto the cave card you are exploring. And as stated earlier, building and training are the only actions limited to one villager. You can send as many villagers on one turn to do labor or harvesting if you wish.

*grammar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: I like Grand Austria HotelMicrobadge: London fan
sneakypete21 wrote:
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
.... Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Watson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
sneakypete21 wrote:
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Yeah, one person does everything they want with all their villagers and keeps doing actions until they pass. You can do any of the actions as many times as you have villagers to do so. So you can harvest everything if you have enough villagers, or send multiple expeditions into the caves if you can send at least two villagers on each one, etc. I won my last game by laboring with eight villagers in order to get enough gold to buy one of the big victory point buildings on the last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Er... No, that's not right.

Your turn consists of taking one type of action. You get to decide how many villagers to use for it, as long as it's not building or training, which require one villager only. But you can't just do everything you want/need to do in one go, otherwise you could (for example) build all the best buildings or train all the available villagers without anyone else getting a look in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Calne
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: The Great Indoors: Worcestershire board game eventMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Newcastle United FC fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Plays Games with Spouse
Jatt2613 wrote:
sneakypete21 wrote:
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Yeah, one person does everything they want with all their villagers and keeps doing actions until they pass. You can do any of the actions as many times as you have villagers to do so. So you can harvest everything if you have enough villagers, or send multiple expeditions into the caves if you can send at least two villagers on each one, etc. I won my last game by laboring with eight villagers in order to get enough gold to buy one of the big victory point buildings on the last turn.
Yeh that's definitely not right. It rotates between each action, I just hadn't realised that I could send 2 villagers harvesting at the same time before passing on to the next player. You don't do all of your actions then pass to the next player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
Microbadge: PolyamorousMicrobadge: Near and Far fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I play the AdmiralMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fan
Can I do multipoe explores in the same round? Could I send 4 villagers to explore teice using two each time, drawing 2 cave cards?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Calne
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Ecosmith wrote:
Can I do multipoe explores in the same round? Could I send 4 villagers to explore teice using two each time, drawing 2 cave cards?

Eco
Most definitely! There's no limit, that I'm aware of, for repeating actions if they are viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Quelf fanMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Zeppelin Attack fanMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
MercifulBiscuit! I am most grateful in this New Year for the presence in the world of MercifulBiscuits! *grin*

Another little rule I didn't have clear in my head. OK, now the deal with actions is:

On ONE player turn, you may choose to take the

A) TRAIN action or BUILD action. In this case, you use only ONE villager with the appropriate symbol (hammer or quill) and do it once.

B) EXPLORE action. In this case, you send AT LEAST TWO but as many rested villagers as you want on ONE adventure.

BUT (this next part is what I hadn't read carefully):

C) If you take the HARVEST action or the LABOR action, you may send as many of your villagers out together to do that action separately as you like. (For example, three villagers could all go out on the same turn to Labor bringing home three coins (and possibly a cider), or the same three villagers could go and harvest three items from different cards.

Thanks for making me go back to the rules to check that! Interesting. That may speed things up a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls