Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a game of MEQ this weekend and I was reminded once again how much I love this game. The heroes (including me) were ahead most of the game but Sauron came back at the end and forced a final battle. Luckily Argalad pulled an Attack of Opportunity to put the kibosh on the Ringwraiths. It was a great finish.

I know some people don't like the final battle but for me I think it's great. I'd hate to have to look up some tiebreaker rule to find out who wins, but a tense climactic battle is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to break this game out again. Back when it first came out we played it so many times late at night in college. I grew to like the final combat battle. We felt that if it got to the battle the free people messed something up and as a result they had to risk it all in one final battle. Because the battle doesn't always happen, we found we had to look at it like that. If it got that far, you can't complain about it because you didn't win the first half of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We consider it a valid strategy to focus on getting significant advantage on the story track when your mission is too hard for you to accomplish. Sometimes it means having a final battle against a 2 (or 15) health Ringwraiths which can make it very easy for your side to win the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls