Subject: Has Myth 2.0 been waiting for Recon to print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Joe
United States
flag msg tools
mb
So I've been thinking...

Is there any merit to thinking that the Myth 2.0 material was (in hindsight - seemingly obviously) printed with Recon. Thus, the Recon delay significantly impacted the 2.0 delivery?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding that they are using two different production companies for these projects.

Now if you mean did they pour all their time into fixing the issues with Recon that they couldn't get to the Myth 2.0 stuff...could be.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No rush as usual still have money commited to this damn &$&*%& but wont invest penny more.. then again so many better games out there while Megacon (con) tries to fix their issues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mr joe wrote:
So I've been thinking...

Is there any merit to thinking that the Myth 2.0 material was (in hindsight - seemingly obviously) printed with Recon. Thus, the Recon delay significantly impacted the 2.0 delivery?
Is it true? Possibly.

Is there "any merit to thinking" about it? Not really. If it's not true, it's much ado about nothing. If it is true, and MGC is still on your good side, all it will do is frustrate you. And if it's true and you already dislike MGC for their missteps, all it will do is pile on to the bad feelings already have about them. In none of these cases is anything actually productive accomplished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I very much doubt that Recon and Myth are interfering with each other. I didn't back Recon, but from what I have read, it sounds like the issues with Recon were being dealt with long before they started into any printing of the 2.0 Myth stuff.

MCG seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. With Recon, Myth, Emergence Event and now Banner Saga, I hope they put some of this Kickstarter money into hiring some more people to keep things moving ahead smoothly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Joe
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Brian T wrote:
I very much doubt that Recon and Myth are interfering with each other. I didn't back Recon, but from what I have read, it sounds like the issues with Recon were being dealt with long before they started into any printing of the 2.0 Myth stuff.
IIRC, Since May/June the myth 2.0 PM was to close to ship in August... Similar to Recon. Then Recon manufacturing issues crop-up, and we get an extended Myth PM time, which I don't recall an explanation for. Now the recon issues are "fixed" both are due to ship "any day now".

Brian T wrote:

MCG seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. With Recon, Myth, Emergence Event and now Banner Saga, I hope they put some of this Kickstarter money into hiring some more people to keep things moving ahead smoothly
Yes, I agree, their IP and art catalog is growing. Somehow missed Emergence Event...

Kinda feels like My "undying support" is hanging on this mornings PM and "shipping charges" issues. I'm getting impatient with the "look at what someone else screwed up" song-and-dances. It's old, and my support is costing me too much time to maintain. I'm not planning on Banner Saga at the moment, even if todays "shipping update" says everyone gets 2.0 material shipped free.

I'm hope for the best at this point though... I think many of us are. I'm also tired of the meaning of updates feeling like they change as time passes.

So torn at the moment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Joe
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Yep... They are paying for the 2.0 shipping.

Guess appearances need to be kept up. whistle

<kept reading>
So Blackwall and Shores were going to ship free, but not anymore...

Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds to me like the shipping cost issue was a problem at the shippers end and MCG is working to correct it now. We will know soon.

I think that a lot of times these updates on Kickstarter projects can create a lot of headaches. If we were waiting for a new release for an FFG boardgame like Descent or Xwing, we would not be privy to all the headaches FFG probably has to deal with. It just shows up at your local retailer one day and you happily buy your copy, wondering what took it so long to arrive Meanwhile in the background, there could have been a problem with a lost shipping container, delay at the miniature molder, problem at the printer. Who knows. I for one, really like hearing about the processes that a company has to go through to create on of these games, good and bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the issues seem like mom&pop vs big box store issues. Paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a CRM which integrates all aspects of your customers orders, tech support, requests and communications is much easier for a larger company which already has such a workflow in place.

It is clear they are doing a lot of these things manually which causes the normal issues that manual processes have.

Personally, I hold bigger shops like CMoN, Mantic and Nina Division to different standards that I hold some of the smaller KS simply because I know how the sausage is made. While I think they should upgrade business infrastructure, which they probably are doing, it doesn't happen overnight.

Anyways... I like what the 2.0 rules are... I like the sculpts and am excited for the miniatures and while there will be screw ups, I know they will get handled because if anything, they strive to make good customer service when they can. So I am not 'worried' about things right now and hope they use this as growth for next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Joe
United States
flag msg tools
mb
nkelsch wrote:

<snip>

Personally, I hold bigger shops like CMoN, Mantic and Nina Division to different standards that I hold some of the smaller KS simply because I know how the sausage is made. While I think they should upgrade business infrastructure, which they probably are doing, it doesn't happen overnight.

<snip>
Megacon would do good to package addon's together into biger bundles. Similar to the all-in, and over the top they just did in the JM KS. The a-la-cart approach is fiddy, confusing and expensive to maintain and keep straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mr joe wrote:
So I've been thinking...

Myth 2.0 is printed by panda like 1.0.
Recon used (for the last time...) another company that did both printing and molding the miniatures (seems a good idea before...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls