Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
I figured I'd just get this one out of the way.

- You probably won't get an early bird
- You didn't get screwed out of your early bird
- You don't deserve an early bird
- Yes, I know you got a message saying your EB pledge was processing. You still didn't get it.
- No, CMoN will not retroactively give you an early bird when you email them with a screen shot of the previously mentioned Kickstarter message.
- Yes, I hate early birds too
- CMoN is the most successful board game Kickstarter of all time. They won't change their model.
- Yes, I think you're an idiot if you refuse to back this simply because of early birds

Please feel free to copy/paste from this thread on Monday when AQ:I funds in under 2 minutes, the EBs disappear in seconds, and Kickstarter almost crashes.

Did I miss any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Tack
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
The one I've been getting REAL tired of (though not really related)

No, the exclusive characters from the first KS will not be included in this or any other KS. And PS- you arnt having any revolutionary thoughts by saying that they shouldn't have them anymore. And yes, it just comes acrossed as entitled. Sorry. Just drop the $400 on eBay or drop the subject entierly.

But seriously, people refuse to back a campaign over not getting $20 (or whatever) knocked off for an EB? This will be my first KS and I know better than that

I don't know about funding in 2 min but I bet it takes less than 2 hours

What I'm really looking forward to is seeing that new small expansion that is clearly gonna drop. But mostly because there is absolutely nothing rumored on it at all anywhere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
Microbadge: San Francisco 49ers fanMicrobadge: San Francisco Giants fanMicrobadge: PeaceMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fan - Criminals Microbadge: I speak Californian
MAJBrown22 wrote:

- CMoN is the most successful board game Kickstarter of all time. They won't change their model.
they do very well but exploding kittens took in double ($8.7mil) what zombicide black plague took in ($4.0 mil).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't compare mini games to cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
Exactly. It is way much harder for a card game to get such a huge funding. You can't really compare them. It'd make CmoN look bad.

Edit for typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the point is: CMoN does it again and again. I would think they are way more successful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

they do very well but exploding kittens took in double ($8.7mil) what zombicide black plague took in ($4.0 mil).
That card game got all that due to world wide stupidity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Adoptive parentMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Vital Lacerda fanMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
Victor Mancha wrote:
Telrak wrote:
Exactly. It is way much harder for a card game to get such a huge funding. You can't really compare them. It'd make CmoN look bad.

Edit for typos.
Actually, it is more like: You can't compare a game to a beloved online comic's memorabilia.

Exploding Kittens is barely a game and would not have done well at all had it not been from The Oatmeal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

He said CMoN, not Zombicide, so I'm assuming he meant in the aggregate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Microbadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Louisiana State UniversityMicrobadge: Low Player Count: a podcast about games for 1-2 playersMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Musician
mauigreen wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

You seem to be missing the other three Zombicide kick starters as well as the first AQ, SMOG, Dogs of War, Rivet Wars, Blood Rage, The Others, Xenoshyft, and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor wolf

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can substitute "EB" with "Exclusives" and hopefully that will end the inevitable discussion on that

(yeah right)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
Microbadge: San Francisco 49ers fanMicrobadge: San Francisco Giants fanMicrobadge: PeaceMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fan - Criminals Microbadge: I speak Californian
kelann08 wrote:
mauigreen wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

You seem to be missing the other three Zombicide kick starters as well as the first AQ, SMOG, Dogs of War, Rivet Wars, Blood Rage, The Others, Xenoshyft, and more.
no, i was just going by the single highest KS project:
http://goo.gl/rgzoB7

(i had to use a URL shortener to get the link to kickstarter to work)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
bigGameGeek wrote:
You can substitute "EB" with "Exclusives" and hopefully that will end the inevitable discussion on that

(yeah right)
Good point, we should start a different thread for that one

Anyway, to get this one back on track, I'll amend the statement that led everyone down the rabbit hole... shake

- CMoN has been very successful with Kickstarter and they will not change their business model. And you still don't get an early bird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

... And you still don't get an early bird.
Challenge accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solarious wrote:
The one I've been getting REAL tired of (though not really related)

No, the exclusive characters from the first KS will not be included in this or any other KS. And PS- you arnt having any revolutionary thoughts by saying that they shouldn't have them anymore. And yes, it just comes acrossed as entitled. Sorry. Just drop the $400 on eBay or drop the subject entierly.

But seriously, people refuse to back a campaign over not getting $20 (or whatever) knocked off for an EB? This will be my first KS and I know better than that

I don't know about funding in 2 min but I bet it takes less than 2 hours

What I'm really looking forward to is seeing that new small expansion that is clearly gonna drop. But mostly because there is absolutely nothing rumored on it at all anywhere
Believe it or not, the early bird is actually $10. Yes, people go crazy when they can't save $10 on a $100 pledge.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
Believe it or not, the early bird is actually $10. Yes, people go crazy when they can't save $10 on a $100 pledge.

Jorune
Personally I don't even like the 'early bird' thing in the first place, particularly with the tiny number method that CMON does it. And I've never complained anyway. But just as a data point: we ended up having 9 copies of Black Plague in our group's pledge. That 10 bucks could have add up if we had been lucky enough to end up on the right side of the heap two hours later when the kickstarter servers finally got their shit back together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keeop5000 wrote:
Hopefully the F5 Fappers have finished breaking the internet by time I get home and want to pledge.
We'll do our best. Thank you for your kind words. It was very nice of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keeop5000 wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
keeop5000 wrote:
Hopefully the F5 Fappers have finished breaking the internet by time I get home and want to pledge.
Anytime. I am a pillar of community. I trust you won't take the 10 dollars you save and spend it in one place. Save a puppy, buy a cheeseburger. The future is yours.
Will do. Whatever it takes to make a pillar of community proud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OT thanks!! this made me LOL sooo much.

I`ll be pledging late evening / night. Planning to keep myself intertain *whispers* and no working.. while i wait for my shift to end tomorrow night..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Did I miss any?
- Screw this! Black Friday is in two weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was intense. Got mine. They were gone in probably less than a minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adachi
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Queen Games "Escape: Zombie City" Contest participantMicrobadge: Cat loverMicrobadge: Moustache loverMicrobadge: Queen Games "Orcs Orcs Orcs" Contest participantMicrobadge: WotC "Scoundrels of Skullport" Contest participant
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I figured I'd just get this one out of the way.

- You probably won't get an early bird
- Yes, I know you got a message saying your EB pledge was processing. You still didn't get it.
- No, CMoN will not retroactively give you an early bird when you email them with a screen shot of the previously mentioned Kickstarter message.
I just got my "confirmation", say inside 15 seconds of the page opening. I decided to fap F5 just to depress keeops5000. Let's see if I win the lottery :D Share your stories, peeps!

Edit: Oooh! I got one! I was inside the first 200 pledges I think, if that is a measurement to go by. I also feel that KS has beefed up their servers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frohike wrote:
Wow, that was intense. Got mine. They were gone in probably less than a minute.
Looks like more EBs went out than intended. When I reloaded it was 1278 of 1332.

But, KS is reporting 1511 EBs, so it looks like there are about 200 extras.

I saw this happen with The Others as well. The downside is that as people drop EBs no slots open until it gets below 1332.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
keeop5000 wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
keeop5000 wrote:
Anytime. I am a pillar of community. I trust you won't take the 10 dollars you save and spend it in one place. Save a puppy, buy a cheeseburger. The future is yours.
Will do. Whatever it takes to make a pillar of community proud.
Got my EB. Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for the bottom... of my heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: I backed Cthulhu: Death May Die on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Hanabi & Ikebana fan
This time was my turn to get the bad luck lottery ticket. My pledge is caught in processing. I wonder if it will take weeks for Kickstarter to sort out (that happened to a few people on the Others).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |