Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools

When players vote to exile someone; the one thing I'm not sure about is does the person exiled show their card (betrayal or none) or do they take the exile card and keep it secret and now they have a different objective + follow those certain exile-rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Schönemarker
Belgium
Gent
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Sheriff of Nottingham - I play with green!Microbadge: I play games at Meeples in Ghent.Microbadge: Stephen King fanMicrobadge: I love Belgium!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I should say yes, because if he/she doesn't, you can't do this: "Important note: If at any time during the game there are 2 exiled players and neither had a betrayal secret objective, morale immediately drops to 0."
If they don't show there cards you can't see if they are betrayers or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
It tells you exactly what to do on the Exiled objective card. The exiled player just draws one and does exactly as it says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Let's play by these rules - the ones actually in the rulebookMicrobadge: Rules LawyerMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Polyamorous
howdiebelg wrote:
I should say yes, because if he/she doesn't, you can't do this: "Important note: If at any time during the game there are 2 exiled players and neither had a betrayal secret objective, morale immediately drops to 0."
The card always says:

If you are not a traitor, show everyone your previous objective card.
These are now irrelevant for you and you get a completely new objective.

If you are a traitor, do NOT show everyone your previous objective card.
Only the part about "morale = 0" of that card is exchanged for something new and the rest is still part of your objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools
chrisdk wrote:
howdiebelg wrote:
The card always says:

Only the part about "morale = 0" of that card is exchanged for something new and the rest is still part of your objectives.
That part what confuses me with some Exile cards. So, we have to trust the player drawing the card to do as said? I didn't read all exile cards but is it true that every time the non-traitor shows their card (objective) and the traitor always hides his previous objective card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Let's play by these rules - the ones actually in the rulebookMicrobadge: Rules LawyerMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Polyamorous
Raven13 wrote:
chrisdk wrote:
howdiebelg wrote:
The card always says:

That part what confuses me with some Exile cards. So, we have to trust the player drawing the card to do as said? I didn't read all exile cards but is it true that every time the non-traitor shows their card (objective) and the traitor always hides his previous objective card?
That instruction is the same for all exile cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you mean by "have to trust" the player that was exiled. To do anything other than what's on the card would be cheating and they couldn't win. And it would be very obvious at the end of the game if the player claimed a win and showed an objective card that didn't match what he was supposed to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven13 wrote:
I actually do not understand this part of your comment. aside from the fact that this is a (semi) confrontational game, in theory all the players at the table are friends and are going to follow the printed rules, after all, it's just a game. and if, at the end, the card is not what they indicated, well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he meant that they always help each other with the rules and there's no way to ensure that someone actually follows that rule if they have to keep the card secret. Like at the end of the game he announces that he won, and then the other players look at the card and say, "No, sorry. You didn't read it properly." And then he says, "Shoot, you're right. I wish I didn't have to be trusted to read it on my own."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls