4 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Beginner here, help needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zargon the Evil
msg tools
Hi there,

I just started getting acquianted with "real" ww2 wargaming.
Im an absolute NOOB, so please excuse my everything blush

I have downloaded some free rulesets, read them through, and i think, i will start with the "strom of steel" or "micro armour" rules.

Theres one thing in the basics, what makes me confused cry
I cant find a rule, which takes into account unit strenght, based on the number of vehicles/guns/anything represented on a stand.
For example, in my opinion, a stand representing a unit with 4 T34s should have more firepower than a stand with a unit of 3 PzIIIs (or PZ IVs).
The rule tables contain combat values for individual vehicles. Do these values cumulate? Or do represented vehicles fire and take damage separately? Dont think so.
I find combat rules reasonable for infantry units, but for AFVs i find it too simplified.
I know im missing something.
Please, can anyone help me to understand this most basic principle? blush
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome new bgg user!

I think you need to direct those questions to the forums for the specific games:

WWII Micro Armour: The Game

Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943
(Or is that the wrong one? There are many games named that in the database. Try the bgg search thing at the top of the page.)

There might be sites outside of bgg that are even better for asking questions on miniature games in general, although not that most would mind having that here as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: WargamerMicrobadge: To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer.Microbadge: Wally fanMicrobadge: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel loverMicrobadge: I love my Gamer Spouse
pelni wrote:

There might be sites outside of bgg that are even better for asking questions on miniature games in general
That would be TMP - http://theminiaturespage.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Commands & Colors Tricorne fanMicrobadge: Yaquinto fanMicrobadge: The Fantasy Trip RPG fan
Zzargon wrote:
Theres one thing in the basics, what makes me confused cry
I cant find a rule, which takes into account unit strenght, based on the number of vehicles/guns/anything represented on a stand.
For example, in my opinion, a stand representing a unit with 4 T34s should have more firepower than a stand with a unit of 3 PzIIIs (or PZ IVs).
The rule tables contain combat values for individual vehicles. Do these values cumulate? Or do represented vehicles fire and take damage separately?
In Conflict of Heroes, each armor counter represents a single vehicle.

In a game like Panzer Grenadier where both armor and infantry counters represent platoons, counters can suffer a step loss to indicate loss of personnel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls