Mysterium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clairvoyance track goes up to 13 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Les Coteaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game FanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport fanMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Harness the beastMicrobadge: Secret Hitler fan
Hi,
I only played one game of Mysterium, but the guy explaining the rules didnt seem to know the answer. The clairvoyance track goes up to 13. Even in a perfect game, where you solve all cards at 3am, and so gain 4 points from the clock remaining time, and guess all correctly on all the tokens right and wrong, in a 6 player game, the maximum you can reach is 10 on the track.
4 for the clock and 6 for the tokens.
So why does the track goes up to 13? Is there other ways to get points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Queen fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: LOST fan
At the start of turn 4 you get your tokens back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
Microbadge: Parent of One Girl
4 for the time
6 for the tokens
3 for guessing right

=

13 total

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Garcia
Portugal
Tomar
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
I am addicted to Game Design!
badge
Time flies when designing games!
Microbadge: Grupo de Boardgamers de Lisboa memberMicrobadge: Will work for board gamesMicrobadge: Dilluvia Project fanMicrobadge: Constantly thinking about game designMicrobadge: I'm a Geek And Proud of It!
Turns 1-3:
6 tokens --> 6 possible points (if you play with 4-5 players you will have 4 tokens istead of 6).
If you found your 3 cards --> +4 points (1 point per missing hour).

After the turn 3 you may have collected a maximum of 10 points at 6-7 players (and 8 points at 4-5 players).

Turns 4-7:
At the beginning of turn 4 you receive all your played tokens again (6 or 4, depending on the number of players).

It means that you can eventually score more 6 (or 4) points.

At 6-7 players you can collect a maximum of 16 points.
At 4-5 players you can collect a maximum of 12 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Les Coteaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game FanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport fanMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Harness the beastMicrobadge: Secret Hitler fan
Ah nice, we didnt know about the turn 4 tokens coming back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Queen fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: LOST fan
Rubius wrote:
Ah nice, we didnt know about the turn 4 tokens coming back.
Actually, if you look at the clock, you can see the shape of a token at the fourth hour. That's a very helpful reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
And, best of all, they've got Spinal Tap beaten by 2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Constantly thinking about game designMicrobadge: I love to danceMicrobadge: Level 11 BGG posterMicrobadge: Gaming is in my DNA
Jordan Kane wrote:
4 for the time
6 for the tokens
3 for guessing right

=

13 total
Was taught this game tonight, and this is how it was played. The instructor did not return tokens on round 4, but we did advance on the clairvoyance track when we advanced on the progress track. Is there a previous version of this game that this is a hold over from? Just wondering where this misinformation comes from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Watch it Played fanMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Level 08 BGG posterMicrobadge: Fowers Games fanMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through fan
Jordan Kane wrote:
4 for the time
6 for the tokens
3 for guessing right

=

13 total
I can't find anywhere in the rules where it says you get a point for guess your card correctly, only that you get a point for every hour left on the clock when you finish. Please could you point me to the right place in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Neau
msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Board Game Collector
Yeah, you don't get anything for guessing correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls