Subject: Server errors 503 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Legendary fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Florence + the Machine fanMicrobadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fan
I'm getting 503 server errors today when opening some pages, like the "504" Sessions forum or the "Star Wars Imperial Assault" Sessions forum.

I've had it happen with Chrome and Edge on a Windows 10, and with Chrome on my Android phone.

Is something up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW I was seeing page loading problems an hour or so ago, but it seems OK now.

Edited later to add: No, it's not OK; the problem recurs from time to time lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
you are not alone... BGG was sort of flakey yesterday, but today it's gone into full on revolt, not letting me open geekmail at all, and only letting me post/refresh pages maybe 50% of the time.

a few hours ago, the site was unusable, but it seems to be better now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone was slamming the database through our API, which is a main contributing factor to the slowdowns people experienced Thursday and early Friday.

I'm not sure if whoever it was just stopped or if Aldie just turned off the hose, but the problem seems to have abated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Someone was slamming the database through our API, which is a main contributing factor to the slowdowns people experienced Thursday and early Friday.

I'm not sure if whoever it was just stopped or if Aldie just turned off the hose, but the problem seems to have abated.
thanks for the update, it certainly seems that things are back to awesome (i.e. normal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep getting 503 errors on the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here to report frequent Server Error 503 instances. I am mostly posting in forums and it happens mostly when I send a post.

Pete (notes that this is the second time he wrote the above, because he got a 503 error the first time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredyth
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't send Geekmail, get into the Outbox, and random 503 errors pop up other places on the site.

I have been trying to send my Santee a letter for about an hour. I finally gave up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
TX
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
We've been experiencing some heavy load the past couple of days, and we've also found that when geeklists get more than 5000 items on them they become very slow to update. We've been working on alleviating some of the problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting 503 errors when:

1) Accessing Geekmail
2) Replying in the Forums (I've tried to post this 1,2,3,4,5 6 times
3) Accessing Geekgold

Seems like anything dynamic causes a server error

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
Aldie wrote:
We've been experiencing some heavy load the past couple of days, and we've also found that when geeklists get more than 5000 items on them they become very slow to update. We've been working on alleviating some of the problems.
Maybe the Indonesian abortion drug spammers are fighting back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls