Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy K
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just wondering if anybody has made a combat reference sheet for the hunters and Dracula respectively? Or can someone tell me if it is needed?

It would be my first game of third edition this coming Saturday, and am wondering if having a reference sheet would help the group grasp combat easier/making a choice faster?

also a question on Plotting
if plotting is CANCELLED by the hunter's card, is it immediately flipped face down? Does that mean the ongoing effect of "flip facedown to cancel punch, escape...etc" is null as a result?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Bud
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mb
Double post and also would be more important in the rules forum, I guess a moderator can help, but you might be able to delete your own posts.

Plotting (or Mesmerize) can only be cancelled when they are first played. If not, then they take effect and apply their ongoing effects until end of combat or otherwise as instructed.

So the flow would be as follows:

1) Dracula chooses Plotting, Hunters choose some combat cards.
2) Dracula chooses Engaged Hunter.
2) Everyone reveals their chosen cards.
3) If the Engaged Hunter's combat card contains the Plotting icon, Plotting is cancelled.
4) If Plotting is not cancelled, it takes effect, resolve and apply its text fully, which includes keeping Plotting face up near the combat area for a later use. Remember which Hunter was Engaged during this round.
5) Resolve Hunters' combat cards.

In a later combat round, Dracula may use the face up Plotting card to cancel the chosen Hunter's combat card between steps 2 and 3. When he does so, he finally turns Plotting face down as it has been used up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
canisin wrote:
Double post and also would be more important in the rules forum, I guess a moderator can help, but you might be able to delete your own posts.
Just to note, the OP can delete his post, but as you (and now me) have both replied, the thread will not be deleted. It will remain with the replies and no OP, which will create a confusing situation for anyone later reading the thread.

For this reason, it is best not to delete OPs unless you do so before anyone replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casualist
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
canisin wrote:
Just to note, the OP can delete his post, but as you (and now me) have both replied, the thread will not be deleted. It will remain with the replies and no OP, which will create a confusing situation for anyone later reading the thread.

For this reason, it is best not to delete OPs unless you do so before anyone replies.
Not sure, you're right there.

There was recently a rather silly post about presumably suggesting a Facebook group. Even though I replied, that entire thread seems to have been deleted (supposedly by the OP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Casualist wrote:
DaveD wrote:
canisin wrote:

Not sure, you're right there.

There was recently a rather silly post about presumably suggesting a Facebook group. Even though I replied, that entire thread seems to have been deleted (supposedly by the OP).
I wouldn't know about that, I'd guess the thread was deleted by an admin unless things have changed very recently. This situation happens very often and is the main reason I nearly always quote what I'm relying to.

Edit: see this example I just created in the testing forum, the OP is deleted but the thread remains.

OP deleted test

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry about the double posting.
The server gave me an error message when I post, must have clicked submit twice or something.

I have deleted the other thread. If it's not completely clean I hope an admin can help with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bycoolboy823 wrote:
Sorry about the double posting.
The server gave me an error message when I post, must have clicked submit twice or something.

I have deleted the other thread. If it's not completely clean I hope an admin can help with that?
I was the only one who replied to that thread, I've deleted my reply and the thread is gone now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls